WOULD THIS QUALIFY FOR DEFECT REMOVAL?

Hi folks. I had a customer in Germany order 12 items (stamps) on eBay.de a couple of weeks ago. When he received the stamps he felt there was some toning of the gum that wasn't visible in my scans. (I can't see it, but the customer is always right, eh?) I told him no problem, return the stamps if you're not happy and I'll give a full refund. But, he decided to go through eBay (maybe he felt he needed the extra protection) and filed an INAD. It took a bit of figuring out since everything was in German, but I okayed a refund. However, I wasn't convinced that he received a full refund, and suspected he had only been refunded for one of the items. I sent him a message (his English seems to be fairly good) and asked him to let me know if he had received a full refund or not. Well, my answer was he filed 11 more INADs. I paid those off one by one, and sent him a note saying he could have saved us both some work if he'd just dealt with me directly. He agreed that he should have done so. 

Now I have 12 defects and will lose TRS tomorrow unless I can get 11 of them removed. I don't mind taking a hit of one defect on the transaction, even if I'm not convinced it's deserved. So, if I go through the hassle of calling CS (waiting on the telephone is my #1 pet peeve in life), would I have a case? Has anyone had a similar situation? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: WOULD THIS QUALIFY FOR DEFECT REMOVAL?

I assume that if your dashboard percentage includes all 12 that they were 12 separate listings.If I remember correctly, items from one listing would could has 1 defect but from different listings would could as separate listings.

Do you have defects from 4 other buyers as I believe you need to have defects from 5 different buyers before you lose TRS.

As far as having the defects removed, I really don't know if it can be done. If it can, you might have to be persistent. But it does seem ridiculous that one buyer can give you that many defects.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: WOULD THIS QUALIFY FOR DEFECT REMOVAL?

Thanks. I'm waiting to see if I do lose TRS before calling eBay. So far I've still got it, but my defect rate is also still showing 3.17.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply