Weirdest transaction for a week prize

Ok i sold an item and it was like 40.00 shipping was 35.00 so quite a bit of money,the item tracks as saying item available for pick up,i contact the buyer after 2 days to let them know there item is to be picked up ,no response day 5 at the post office i send another message day 6 the lady says im not worried the po knows everyone not a problem its a small town still its day 9 now and item is not picked up my Question is who spends 70 bucks and doesnt pick up the item??? What do you guess will happen item sent bck to me item not delivered STRANGE ,can anyone beat that lol

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Nothing strange about that. If you live in a rural area where you pick up your mail at the post office sometimes you only get there every couple of weeks. And, yes, ladies at the postoffice know everyone and hold the mail till you get there.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I had one that sat over 2 weeks, turns out the guy bought the item, went on a cruise, told his postie (in a wee town) to hang on to all his stuff till he got back... and this one was a lot bigger, something like $500 which is why I was watching it! (I sent a message asking if everything was ok, he let me know when he got back).
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@aubreyclay56 wrote:

Ok i sold an item and it was like 40.00 shipping was 35.00 so quite a bit of money,the item tracks as saying item available for pick up,i contact the buyer after 2 days to let them know there item is to be picked up ,no response day 5 at the post office i send another message day 6 the lady says im not worried the po knows everyone not a problem its a small town still its day 9 now and item is not picked up my Question is who spends 70 bucks and doesnt pick up the item??? What do you guess will happen item sent bck to me item not delivered STRANGE ,can anyone beat that lol

I had one like that recently.  The parcel sat at the Post Office for two weeks before the buyer picked it up, but the buyer had told me that she only gets into town from her country home every two weeks.  So there really was no issue EXCEPT I got an automatic defect because Canada Post tracking showed late delivery. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

So there really was no issue EXCEPT I got an automatic defect because Canada Post tracking showed late delivery. 

Wow, and eBay won't remove it? It was the buyer who didn't pick it up... ain't your fault at all!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@aubreyclay56 wrote:

my Question is who spends 70 bucks and doesnt pick up the item??? 

...I have a $100 CP money order sitting around for 3 weeks that I still haven't cashed, because the SDM postal outlet near my workplace claims to not have enough money in their float every time I tried, and how people all pay with credit card nowadays so they never get much cash... I haven't tried a busier branch (as they suggested) because I have been too busy / lazy to go......

So yes, people who doesn't pick up a $70 item does exist, like how I still haven't cashed a $100 money order lol. I wish I could do it at a bank since there's one near by workplace too. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Hi Zee! Both banks I deal with (TD and CIBC) accept PO money orders ok......
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:

@jt-libra wrote:

So there really was no issue EXCEPT I got an automatic defect because Canada Post tracking showed late delivery. 

Wow, and eBay won't remove it? It was the buyer who didn't pick it up... ain't your fault at all!

At first, I wasn't going to call because, one, I don't have the patience and, secondly, it didn't affect my rating.  But I changed my mind and I called.  I got through pretty quickly and the CSR seemed to understand the issue; she agreed that it didn't make sense and said she would try to have the defect removed.  It never happened and I really was not surprised.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:

@jt-libra wrote:

At first, I wasn't going to call because, one, I don't have the patience and, secondly, it didn't affect my rating.  But I changed my mind and I called.  I got through pretty quickly and the CSR seemed to understand the issue; she agreed that it didn't make sense and said she would try to have the defect removed.  It never happened and I really was not surprised.

You just have to be persistent with them, they will change it eventually..

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:
Hi Zee! Both banks I deal with (TD and CIBC) accept PO money orders ok......

Oh. Will give TD a try! Thanks Smiley Happy I never got any postal money order before and the lady at the SDM postal outlet told me that banks don't cash these so I never thought of trying TD... 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Was the package scanned within your handling time?  If so, it shouldn't be a defect so you might want to try getting it removed from that angle.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

and the lady at the SDM postal outlet told me that banks don't cash these

She's not wrong, exactly.

They may not 'cash' them, but they will take them for deposit.

Actually that seems to be what happens with all cheques nowadays. The teller deposits it, then the customer withdraws the exact amount from the account.

As a former bank teller, I can see how the security angle works for this.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply