What do people still buy that is no longer in the stores ?

Hi , my name is tim & i'm just like everyone else...i sell what i dont need and buy what i think is useful to me.Now , my list of what i think people dont really buy anymore might not be true ( just my opinion ).

List

Dvds 

wasted youth toys

Old clothes 

classical consoles

walkmans 

p.s my list is short , but this is all i got for now.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can do this research on your own...

For walkmans as an example, search ebay for the same model you have, this will show you the current asking prices. You can then filter the results to show sold items. This will tell you what they really are worth.

You can repeat this for whatever you have around before you spend the effort to list and sell it.....

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Some of those items on your list may actually sell for a lot depending if they are rare or in demand by collectors. I have sold old electronics for quite a bit.  Some vintage brand name clothes & some old toys actually sell for a lot.  But like ricarmic said you have to do research & see what these items sell for.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

As a bookseller my mantra is "Best sellers aren't."

If it's something everybody bought when it was new, those people don't need it, and the others don't want it.

Certainly the one item I can almost guarantee to be unsaleable are those commemorative plates pushed by Bradford Exchange and the like.

I notice that my favourite thrift store has stacks of them priced at $2 each.

If I were sure they were dishwasher safe and had lead-free glazes, I would be recommending that university students and others setting up their first home scoop them up as much more interesting kitchen plates than the boring cheap ones sold by Canadian Tire.

Also, I have my doubts about teacups. There are many teashops here in Oak Bay (behind the Tweed Curtain in Victoria BC) and they buy their fine china in thrifts -- again for about $2 for cup and saucer.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply