What kind of nonsense is this?

I sell on both .ca and .com and when I went and looked at my US tracking report I got 3 dings.  All listed on .ca and all purchased and sent to Canadians.  What is going on?

late on US.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

No happy nonsense for sure! This Christmas season really hurt for the 'Dings' with how backlogged the postal system was...

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

That isn't your late transaction report. It is a report that only pertains to sellers that qualify for U.S. Trs as they have to upload the tracking number for  at least 90% of US transactions in order to be trs.  I don't know why you are seeing that for non  US buyers but it doesn't affect you in any way as you qualify for global trs and don't have to meet that requirement unless you want to qualify for trs plus on .com

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the comment however, the CD's in question were all delivered way before the estimated delivery date.  These were not a late shipment dings but the fact that I didn't upload tracking on a listing on .ca sold to a canadian.  

I only have one late shipment ding and that is on my global and that was sent to australia and took 2.5 months to get there.

late shipment report.jpg

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I guess I have never noticed this before.  Basically everything I sell on .com whether it is listed on .ca on .com if I don't upload tracking I get a not uploaded at all.  Never noticed that before.

really not uploaded.jpg

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

yes I realize that.  The only requirement in that section is that you upload the tracking number within the handling time  and that the package is scanned at least once..it doesn't matter when it is scanned and the delivery date is not relevant. 

As I said,. I  don't  know why items purchased by Canadians are on that report but unless you are trying to meet the trs plus  standards the report does not matter and isn't taken into account.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The listing site shouldnt matter but that particular requirement does apply only to items sold to US buyers and I don't remember ever seeing a sale to a Canadian on that list until recently.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I don't recall see this* in my dashboard either. I make a few sales to Canada, 1 or 2 per week at least, that are sent Lettermail. For the period covered Dec - Feb I should have maybe 10 that would show up there but I only have 1 showing and it's a US sale that was part of combined order where I forgot to upload the tracking to eBay for that part.

Of course the important thing is this

"Top Rated Sellers in Canada don't have to meet this requirement."

Even if it did count I've still got TRS through my Global rating.

* by "this" I mean domestic lettermail items showing there, I don't really recall seeing anything anywhere for shipments listed and sold on .ca and sold to Canadian buyers with tracking or not (eBay wouldn't know if I shipped with tracking anyway since I don't bother to upload the tracking most of the time).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply