When will ebay Canada get more promotion options ie : shipping discount, volume pricing, coupon

ayatcg
Community Member

I have noticed that on my listed listed on the ebay.com website I have the option to create more than just sale event + markdown 

they have the following feature on the create a promotion tab

1) order discount 

2) shipping discount 

3) volume pricing 

4) codless coupon 

5) sale event + markdown. 

WHY hasnt ebay CANADA created this for our Canadian sellers???????

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

When will ebay Canada get more promotion options ie : shipping discount, volume pricing, coupon

Best guess … implementing seller enhancements like those you have mentioned would cost ebay money to develop and then  integrate them into the ebay Canada site with no expectation of earning a quick payback. This same scenario has repeated itself for years, over and over again, it seems we are among the last to receive most site upgrades if we receive them at all.

On the other hand, they seem to have no problem with quickly implementing features such as promoted listings, the GTC mandate or service metrics which generate fee revenue almost immediately.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Interesting that most of those "promotions" lead to lower profits for sellers.

2.) I assume this is a discount on combined shipping. I think we already have that because we can give a shipping price (eg$5) and add "Second Item $1" .

4.) I do like the Codeless Coupon though. That rewards repeat customers which I prefer to handing out discounts to bargain hunters who we may never meet again.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I, too, would really like to see the volume pricing promotion offered on ebay.ca! Do we have any news as to whether this is coming to the .ca platform?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2019

The problem with zombie threads is that the information in them is often out of date and incorrect.

For example, sellers in some categories are being offered from 10,000 to 50,000 Free Listings.

And the number of Free Listings has been increased from 50 to 200 for occasional sellers who do not have Stores and greatly increased for Basic Store subscribers.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 6 of 6
latest reply