Where Is Request Invoice From Seller Option

I have a buyer from the US asking me to combine an invoice.  I've never done this before so I read the instructions and called eBay to make sure that I would be doing it correctly.

I was told that the buyer had to add the items to the cart then click on "request an invoice from seller".  The buyer said he/she do not see that option.

Any idea where it would be please?

Thank you

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There's no Request Total in your cart page and I'm not sure why.

Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 12.51.19 PM.png

Just a guess – I think it's because discounts have already been applied. On ebay.com, the Request Total button is greyed out if the buyer receives a discount.

The Request Total button should be found here:

Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 12.50.38 PM.png

One workaround I know:

1. Log in on the Irish site: www.ebay.ie or any site without a shopping cart. I use the Irish site, because it's in English.
  2. Copy the item number on ebay.com and paste it on the ebay.ie Search bar.
  3. Click on the Search button.
  4. Click on "Buy It Now" and then "Buy". Don't pay yet.
  5. Do steps 2-4  for each item.
  6. Go to your Purchase History on My eBay. Click on Request Total (it might be under More Actions).
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for helping me out on this...

eBay says that because the buyer is in the US (.com) buying from Canada (.ca) they will not be able to see the "request total from seller" option, and vise versa. He walked me through it and he seems to be correct.

I don't understand eBay is taking so long to add the "add to cart" option - it can't be that hard 😞

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

My shipping address right now is set to Canada. I don't see an Add to Cart button either.

The ebay.ie workaround should work. The buyer can use the same login details to log in on the Irish site. It's easier than setting up a special listing for the buyer or refunding the overage. Note that you won't get your fees back for partial refunds.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yeah.. she gave up and just bought them separately.  I guess unless buyers complain about the Add to Cart option ebay will keep dragging their feet.

Thanks anyway for helping...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply