Where is the "View PayPal Transaction" option in the transaction drop down menu?

The link is gone from my transaction options.  Does anyone else have this issue?  I have to log into Paypal through a separate window and search down a transaction to give a refund now.  Before I could click the link and it would take me right to the transaction.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Where is the "View PayPal Transaction" option in the transaction drop down menu?

@michaelbb2 

Hello tyler@ebay 

This was spotted on dot com also. Do you have any details on this concern or is this permanent?

-Lotz

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Capture.JPGThese are the options now.  There is no link to the financial information for any transaction.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Yes I noticed this as well. Was kind of handy to take you right to the transaction you wanted. Not sure why it is not longer there.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

I still have it on my sold items:

11.jpg

But it's missing from my 'Purchases' and 'Order details' pages.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@mcrlmn 

That screenshot looks like the old My eBay, not Seller Hub.

Frankly, after all the warnings telling everyone they must use Hub I'm surprised My eBay still functions. Has ebay not said in the past that once sellers are in MP they'll need to use Seller Hub to access Payment tools?

My Seller Hub does not have a view Paypal transaction link anywhere, it did very recently.

It's not available in Order Details either. 

There is a general Paypal link in the Seller Tools pane of Hub Overview which I use occasionally.

Probably will just add it to my browser's favourites bar now.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I noticed that the "View Paypal Transaction" link disappeared at about the same time as eBay removed the email addresses from the transactions.  I wonder if this is an attempt to detach PayPal from the transactions in preparation to switch all sellers to the new Managed Payments structure.  Essentially cutting the cord.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

It is.
I've always preferred the classic overview, so my bookmark opens eBay in that view.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

May as well continue using the old platform if it's still meeting your needs.

I am really beginning to wonder how seriously one should view various announcements concerning end-of-life deadlines. First it was turbolister, then everyone was to be on SH by a certain date, and now MP ... it seems these legacy systems continue to function for years after they're supposedly obsolete. TL continued on for 2 or 3 years before finally ceasing to function, maybe my ebay will hold-on longer.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply