Why I hate UPS!!!

nan*55
Community Member

This is a copy & paste for a item I have coming from US. I swore I would never buy anything using UPS after the last fiasco. Shame on me I did it again 😞

Winnipeg, MB, Canada 04/15/2013 6:00 P.M. Adverse weather conditions.

04/15/2013 3:10 P.M.

Arrival Scan 04/15/2013 10:19 A.M. Package data processed by brokerage. Waiting for clearance. / Receiver's customs broker has been assigned. The shipment is now released to move in transit.

04/15/2013 10:07 A.M. Package data processed by brokerage. Waiting for clearance.

Fargo, ND, United States 04/15/2013 10:00 A.M.

Arrival Scan Maple Grove, MN, United States 04/15/2013 6:09 A.M. Departure Scan 04/15/2013 3:40 A.M.

Arrival Scan Minneapolis, MN, United States 04/15/2013 3:02 A.M.

Departure Scan Minneapolis, MN, United States 04/14/2013 10:24 P.M.

Arrival Scan Winnipeg, MB, Canada 04/11/2013 12:57 P.M.

Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / Shipment submitted to Clearing Agency, awaiting final release.

04/11/2013 12:57 P.M. Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / Released by Clearing Agency. Now in-transit Los Angeles, CA, United States

04/10/2013 4:50 A.M. Departure Scan 04/10/2013 12:06 A.M.

Arrival Scan Ontario, CA, United States 04/09/2013 11:11 P.M

Departure Scan 04/09/2013 5:54 P.M. Origin Scan United States

04/05/2013 6:20 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Why I hate UPS!!!

If packages often do that sort of route and go through more than one clearing agency, no wonder they have to charge high brokerage fees..that's a lot of handling! Sheesh.

Have you called them?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Why I hate UPS!!!

I would thing the PO would be faster and cheaper.

A nudge is as good as a wink to a blind man.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Why I hate UPS!!!

nan*55
Community Member

Seller refused to ship usps. Saying with new pricing it's more expensive for a large item. Even after the brokerage fees etc. This item will still be less than 1/2 the price if bought in Canada.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Why I hate UPS!!!

As much as I hate UPS for their unfair sneaky brokerage fee charges,I still would jump on any deal within Canada that uses them(UPS) as the carrier instead of our Canada post.

My address id designated as a rural road (RR) and to get an item sent via Canada post from Toronto (1.5 hour away ) to Peterborough took the inept inefficient overly paid under worked  CP 4 business days/3 different trips to the post office to finally pick it up,even though it was sent "expedited" (but without signature required),they don't deliver anything to my home.

Then I often see the UPS trucks going back and forth on my street delivering packages .

I say to my self,I would have save a lot of aggravation,gas money,time if my items were sent with the dreaded UPS but for some reason most ebay sellers still use Canada post.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Why I hate UPS!!!

UPS is poorly located with untrained minimum wage help. The offices are individually owned franchises. Service at a UPS office? Never going to happen. It would take me hours at UPS to get my work done that takes minutes at an RPO.

I used UPS, once, to send a parcel. It was a nightmare of forms, declarations, do this, do that, and it was going from Manitoba to Ontario. I tried again a year later. Asian lady did not understand English very well, kept saying "I dunno". "Could you ask someone" I queried. She checked lists, made a couple of calls "I dunno".

So I spent 15 minutes on on parcel, that didn't get done due to "I dunno". I'm going to drive 45 minutes, round trip, to another office where I will probably get the same answer? I have about ten RPO with a much shorter drive, with trained help, who know how to solve problems.

That is why I will not use UPS.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Why I hate UPS!!!

"UPS is poorly located with untrained minimum wage help. The offices are individually owned franchises."

???

That is NOT the real UPS.  That is UPS Stores franchises.  Used to be Mail Boxes Etc...

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Why I hate UPS!!!

Why I hate UPS!!!

nan*55
Community Member

Well I recieved my item today!! After I recieved a call this morning from a Purolator office 90 miles away.Says I needed to pick up.DUH.  After a few choice words and a few complaining phone calls it was delivered :). And brokerage few was less than expected.

I STILL HATE UPS!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Why I hate UPS!!!

I think you are just unlucky. UPS in my area is fairly competent and fast. I have occasional delivery and billing issues with Fedex, but we learned to work with it.

Perhaps your parcel was UPS Standard (Ground) ? We never use Standard across the border so cannot comment, but air services are fast and reliable. Domestically, even Ground is reliable - equivalent or faster than CanadaPost Expedited Parcel.

Maybe you should give them another try 🙂

Ebay sellers look around for UPS discounters. With discount UPS comes often cheaper than CanadaPost Expedited Parcel with PayPal discount. Especially bulky items to metro urban areas. And it's true door-to-door without any pickup surcharge, even for one single parcel.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Why I hate UPS!!!

nan*55
Community Member

I have UPS numerous times over the years.Always a hassle.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Why I hate UPS!!!

Coincidentally, speaking about UPS, reviewing recent brokerage invoice from them, it came to my attention there was duty assigned on one item in shipment from USA.

There would be nothing wrong with that, except this item's country of origin is Canada 😮 Nobody is perfect 🙂

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Why I hate UPS!!!

A horse and buggy would be faster.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Why I hate UPS!!!

@airfla wrote:

A horse and buggy would be faster.

NECRO ALERT!   --  2 year old thread

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Why I hate UPS!!!

Re: NECRO ALERT!   --  2 year old thread

-------------------------------------------------------

So what if it's an old thread. UPS is still every bit as incompetent. I am waiting for delivery of a package that should have been delivered yesterday. However, I received an email advising, "We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay.. The delivery date was later updated to today.

This morning I received another email from UPS advising that they had again "incorrectly sorted the package...." I phoned UPS to complain and find out when my package will be delivered. After being placed on hold for ten minutes, I was told that they could not tell me when it will be delivered. It is now late evening and UPS has still not provided an updated delivery date.

This is at least the third time in the last few years that UPS has screwed up by sending a package to the wrong place, In one instance, they actually delivered it to the wrong address. When I went to their website for an update and saw that it had been delivered, I phoned UPS only to be told that the driver made a mistake and he was on his way to pick up my package.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply