Why am I paying fees on items that were never paid for?

For the last 3 months, I've had 4 instances of people committing to buy my items, but never paying for them.  I guess it's just the nature of the product attracting less than stellar types of people (I was selling body modification jewelry). Even after I file the non-paying buyer case 4 days after non-payment, I still have a sizable fee to pay at the end of the month. Shouldn't I have had that final value fee reimbursed since that person never paid?

Between this and the $76 customs fee I had to pay for a seller improperly filling out a customs form, I think I'm giving up on eBay altogether. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Are you closing the cases after another 4 days? You should receive a credit once you close them. You only have a limited time to do that...I think that it is 30 days.

If the seller filled out the wrong info on the customs form, you should be able to file with Canada customs to get some of your money back. There will be info on the back of the customs form on the package on how to do that.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

What PJ says. You file the UID after four days and then a week later YOU have to close it yourself. Are you closing the UID indicating that you were never paid?
Photobucket
Message 3 of 3
latest reply