Why is my feedback score 96% after receiving only one malicious negative feedback?

Check my feedback profile which indicates that from 2003 to 2015, it was 100% in over 800 transactions.
My only one negative feedback in June\2015 was given maliciously, even after refund-
ing an unscrupulous buyer for damaged item. My perfectly positive feedback
is now 96%. How unfair, unjustified, and misleading to potential buyers is that! Might they not question my

integrity and dismiss me as a legitimate seller? This feedback score is ruining my activity on eBay.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Why is my feedback score 96% after receiving only one malicious negative feedback?

Unfortunately, feedback scores remain active for 12 months.

Unless you can persuade eBay's Customer Service that the FB was in some way malicious, it's there until June.

If you do some buying or selling between now and then, you may be able to improve the percentage.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Why is my feedback score 96% after receiving only one malicious negative feedback?

Many buyers are going to see that it is only one negative and not worry about that. However....if the buyer's feedback about filing a claim with the USPS is correct they should not have been told that.  It is up to the seller to make it right if an item got damaged in shipping. If you had insurance on it, you would file with Canada Post...USPS wouldn't have anything to do with it.   I don't know if it really was damaged in shipping or not buy you may have been able to handle things in a better way.

Your feedback percentage is based on the feedback you have had in the last year and since your feedback is low, one negative does make a huge difference. It may not seem fair but at least that feedback will be gone from your percentage after June. That's better than having it show up forever.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Your "score" is based on the last 12 months running.  The before has nothing to do with anything.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I doubt very much that this NFB has hurt you.

However, even though it's a little late, there is a chance that it might be removed.

If a case is mentioned in FB eBay will remove it, and I can't see why that should apply only to eBay/PayPal cases.

It's worth a phone call.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Why would FB mentioning a case be removed?
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@sequinsnvelvet wrote:
Why would FB mentioning a case be removed?

I'm not sure if this comment qualifies, but it might.   (Printer broken/scratched up (poor packaging), seller want buyer to claim w/ USPS)

From eBay FB Guidelines:

eBay Feedback Removal Policy

Feedback that makes any reference to an eBay or law enforcement organization investigation, i.e., "eBay is investigating this person".

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I would say it is would highly unlikely it would be removed, discussing a possible insurance claim is not in spirit with the language of what they have written, which is implying that the individual is under investigation for wrongdoing by a person in authority, thus calling their character into question.

Unfortunately this is a text book example of how not to respond to a customer issue. The best way to counter negative feedback like that is learning from the mistake and generating more positive feedback to minimize the visible impact.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Even so, the scoring mechanism or formula is faulty. IMHO, for each negative feedback, maximum of 1% be deducted. The present formula seems to decrease the feedback score exponentially the less the activity (buying or selling) on eBay in that year.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply