Why so many problems with paypal . My account has become a nightmare to access

Since paypal went seperate , have had at least 2 issues with payment problems involving password loops . Unable to access account.

Many of my customers have had problems paying .

If you want to continue to get my business , maybe get YOUR ACT together.

I can always close my account and go somewhere else .

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why so many problems with paypal . My account has become a nightmare to access

You don't appear to have any items listed at the moment so I went to your feedback.

You don't seem to have Calculated Shipping set up for your US customers (I used 90210 as a zipcode).

Do you use metric measures when you set those up? Canada Post went metric in 1974 and everything else is guesswork.

If your US buyer doesn't have an S&H on the invoice, he won't be able to pay promptly.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Why so many problems with paypal . My account has become a nightmare to access

I haven't had any problems with Paypal although at least one other seller mentioned having a problem signing in. If you are using IE, try using Firefox or another browser...it might help.

As stamps mentioned, part of the problem could be that many of the countries you ship to do not have a shipping cost showing up. It's unlikely that using imperial measurements have anything to do with the costs not showing as the ebay calculator and the CP calculator do allow imperial measurements to be used. Some suggest that it they aren't as accurate but that shouldn't affect whether the costs are showing up.

It is likely something to do with the services you are using and/or measurements not fitting the particular services.  I notice that for at least one listing you are using International Parcel Air which is available in certain countries only. If a country doesn't have Xprespost, then it will usually have Xpresspost. Those are of course the most expensive services.  Tracked Packet is available is just some countries. Small and light packet are available everywhere other than Canada.

In order to have calculated costs for both the U.S. and other countries, you have to use the advanced sell your item form. If you are using the simple 1 page form, you can't change to the advanced form until the listing ends.

There is a ton of information to learn about shipping and a lot of that info is on the CP website.  Sellers here can help but we will need to have an example on at least one listing of what measurements you were using and which services for which country.

A head's up - when you post on this board you are writing to other eBay sellers and buyers, not eBay staff.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I haven't had any problems with Paypal although at least one other seller mentioned having a problem signing in. If you are using IE, try using Firefox or another browser...it might help.

As stamps mentioned, part of the problem could be that many of the countries you ship to do not have a shipping cost showing up. It's unlikely that using imperial measurements have anything to do with the costs not showing as the ebay calculator and the CP calculator do allow imperial measurements to be used. Some suggest that it they aren't as accurate but that shouldn't affect whether the costs are showing up.

It is likely something to do with the services you are using and/or measurements not fitting the particular services.  I notice that for at least one listing you are using International Parcel Air which is available in certain countries only. If a country doesn't have Xprespost, then it will usually have Xpresspost. Those are of course the most expensive services.  Tracked Packet is available is just some countries. Small and light packet are available everywhere other than Canada.

In order to have calculated costs for both the U.S. and other countries, you have to use the advanced sell your item form. If you are using the simple 1 page form, you can't change to the advanced form until the listing ends.

There is a ton of information to learn about shipping and a lot of that info is on the CP website.  Sellers here can help but we will need to have an example on at least one listing of what measurements you were using and which services for which country.

A head's up - when you post on this board you are writing to other eBay sellers and buyers, not eBay staff.

Typo or am I just sleepy?

If a country doesn't have Xprespost, then it will usually have Xpresspost.

should read

If a country doesn't have International Parcel Air, then it will usually have Xpresspost.

The two are mutually exclusive as far as I know without exception.

Here is a Canada Post document that tells what Canada Post services are available for the countries they service as well as information on how much insurance can be purchased, weight limits and so on.

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/prices/RCRZ-e-ISC.pdf

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You're not sleepy..well maybe you are but it was definitely a typo/mind block. Thanks for the correction.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply