authentication program bug?90% of covered listing turn into not covering but not all

as title said, i sold a pair tonight and notice that it's not going to the authentication centre address. i cross check my live listings and like 90% of them that were covered in the program stopp showing blue icon check. but not all of them.

even for a listing that i just sold like 2 weeks ago that had to go thru the program is now without the blue icon check. i checked the listings templates and opinions ,there's nothing wrong and should have been stil included in the program. so i don't know what is going on there

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

authentication program bug?90% of covered listing turn into not covering but not all

That is odd.  When I look at your listing that seem to qualify using my Canadian postal code I don't see anything about authenticity guarantee (AG).  When I look at those same listings with a US zip, I DO see the AG.  This happens when looking at your listing on both .com and on .ca.  Since the program is now available to Canadian buyers, I should be able to see it with my Canadian address.  

However, when I use my Canadian postal code and look at listings from US sellers, I DO see the AG on both .com and on .ca. 

When I look at another Canadian sellers listings, I do see the AG in their listings.  The difference between your listings and their listings appears to be that you are a Canadian listing on .com and they are listing on .ca.

Here is a listing from a Canadian seller that listed on .ca and that shows AG for both Canadians and Americans on  .ca   Item 324885184959

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/324885184959?var=513878989406&hash=item4ba4aa81bf:g:-yQAAOSwby9gBG9Z&shqty=1...

But when that same listing is viewed on .com it shows AG only for US buyers.  It does not show it for Canadian buyers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324885184959?var=513878989406&hash=item4ba4aa81bf:g:-yQAAOSwby9gBG9Z&shqty=...

When you sent a previous order to the AG center was the buyer in the US?

The shoes that you just sold that are not going to the AG center..is the buyer Canadian?

Anyway...I don't know how it used to look but the way it works now is very confusing.  I thought that I had it figured out but found a Canadian lisitng that shows the AG to Canadian buyers only on .ca.  On .com that listing does not show AG to any buyers.  Item 304052102258

The problem seems to be with Canadian listings but it is not consistent.

tyler@ebay 

Shouldn't all listings that qualify for AG be showing that the item will be authenticated when buyer and seller are either in Canada or the US? It doesn't appear to be working properly for Canadian sellers regardless of where they are listing.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

so i been working with the authenticity department's rep the whole mourning, but they still found not "error" or issue seeing ALL my listing are under the auth program.

they said it might had been just a single one chance issue that the buyer is login from ebay.ca.fr that is known to cause that told me to refund him, relist it, let him buy it again logining in from a regular ebay.ca site

did that, but failed. same thing happened.

then i notice that simply all my listing on the ebay.com site are the ones that no longer showing the auth blue icon on them for me

all the ebay.ca cad one are un-effected.

i am sure that it is not that a canadain seller/account list on ebay.com in usd doesn't qualifly for the program because for example i sold 263405286707 sold one in mid, it went throught the program to usa.i had multi variation size on it so it is still live listing but right now the listing doesn't carry the blue icon

i think there's definately a glitch on the ebay system side that cause this to not recongize a canadian account listing on a ebay.com site to be under the program kinda thing. i think they engineers didn't thinik about the can/usa accout user cross using ebay.com and ebay.ca or something.

like i can't make shipping label to from ebay.ca to a buyer in usa making a purchase on the ebay.com usd listing because the shipping page doesn;'t know how to calucalte the limit cap on purchase extra insurance because of the currency convertion isn't implemented on that shipping label page

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

as of now the issue is still persist, customer refunded, relisted, repurchase still the same thing because to be honest ebay didn't really fix anything thinking it was cause by buyer logining in from ebay.ca.fr was the reason.

but it isn't so no matter how many time i refund and redo the result is the same because the system right now doesn't reconigze the ebay.com usd listings as under the program i don't know how usa account user could see it, but i tried no login and search my listing on both ebay.com and ebay.ca the listing on the ebay.com listing still doesn't show the blue icon so i am very sure they are not included at the moment.

while they are all suppose to be in the program.

i hope they could figure out this asap so i could process my shipment to the buyer here and don't have to worry about getting excluded from the program on all my ebay.com listings.

it's going to be a nightmare if ihad to move all of them to ebay.ca mannually because of this.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Your US buyers are seeing it.  As I said earlier your listings do show the the blue AG check on both sites if the buyer is in the US.   If you go to the shipping tab in one of those listings and change your location to the US you will see it.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

did more trail and error on my listings

so it looks like 

going in on

on ebay.com
cad listing to usa yes.
cad listing to CAN no.

usd listing to usa yes.
usd listing to CAN no.

on ebay.ca
cad listing to usa yes.
cad listing to CAN yes.

usd listing to usa yes.
usd listing to CAN no.

but that shouldn't be happening regardless of it's CAN buyer buying on either usd/cad listing or a USA buyer buying on either currency.  now it's only a usa buye would be seeing the program covers on both usd and cad listings. but a canadian buyer only could get it going from ebay.ca on CAD listings only. it wouldn't work on the same listing if it's access from ebay.com even tho it's CAN to CAN transaction.

that just doesn't make much sense.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for the tag @pjcdn2005 - I sent this on to our product leads, and they replied with this:

The Authenticity Guarantee program is dependent on listing site. If a seller lists an item on .com, but everything else (item location, seller and buyer location, purchase site) is in Canada, the sneaker would fall out of the program. 

The ideal solution would be to list the shoes on eBay.ca, but for those that do not want to take down their listing on .com, we would suggest they review their shipping details to ensure they have specified they ship to Canada (we know that sounds redundant, since the item location is listed in Canada, but remember it's currently site location, not item location that is the determining factor). We are working on a more streamlined/elegant fix but for now this is the best workaround. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply