backed into to a corner with zero options

i would appreciate suggestions with this. I have been selling in the EU and now in Canada since 2001. Ebay seems to have got so much harder to sell items through. I had a large non shipperable item that sold the week before Christmas, I had arranged to meet the buyer half way , he didnt show up , since then he hasnt really communicated other than saying he sent me payment ( never got it)

I had pointed out that he should pay when he collects. Now there has been no answer to my emails for quite a while , no  response to calls. I have reported the buyer, still no response. Nothing from ebay either. I cant cancel the item ( tried ). I threatened the buyer with neg feedback, now there seems to be no way I can do that. I am stuck in limbo. I want to get on and sell the item. I have looked for an ebay number to call to get help, cant find one. Not sure where else to go with this.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

file an unpaid item dispute if possible immediately and then close it 4 days later

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@rightmortgageman wrote:

i would appreciate suggestions with this. I have been selling in the EU and now in Canada since 2001. Ebay seems to have got so much harder to sell items through. I had a large non shipperable item that sold the week before Christmas, I had arranged to meet the buyer half way , he didnt show up , since then he hasnt really communicated other than saying he sent me payment ( never got it)

I had pointed out that he should pay when he collects. Now there has been no answer to my emails for quite a while , no  response to calls. I have reported the buyer, still no response. Nothing from ebay either. I cant cancel the item ( tried ). I threatened the buyer with neg feedback, now there seems to be no way I can do that. I am stuck in limbo. I want to get on and sell the item. I have looked for an ebay number to call to get help, cant find one. Not sure where else to go with this.

My experience has been that if an item has not been paid for prior to pick-up generally the "buyer's" level of commitment is 0. I'm sure that there are exceptions to this but again, in my experience and opinion, this is the case. I see this all the time whenever i list something in one of the local online forums and people contact you saying they will arrive at such and such a time and more often than not they fail to show up.

Moving forward it's up to you but I would make payment a requirement before any discussion of pick-up, If a buyer is not ok with that then Ebay is probably not the right place for them to be buying.

For this situation, as already mentioned, all you can do is open a case for non-payment and proceed as policy dictates.

Cheers,

thD

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The good thing about pickup is that you can get cash, and there are no Paypal fees nor any chance for a Item Not Received dispute. The chances of an Item Not As Described are lessened too, since the buyer can inspect before paying and because it is emotionally harder to lay a scam on someone you've actually met.

The bad thing as has been said is that the buyer has no immediate reason to complete the transaction.

I think every one of my pickup transactions presented difficulties in finding a time and place. Even when I was able to send the buyer to our shop (normal business hours, central location, free parking on Saturdays), the pickup was often slower than post office delivery would be.

But basically.

He hasn't paid.

Open an Unpaid Item Dispute and put him on your Blocked Bidder List as a timewaster.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply