buyer from uruguay

loml888
Community Member

Hi all...I received a best offer from an ebay user in Uruguay, and they want me to ship my item to Quebec Canada. How could he even do a best offer on my listing when I don't ship there?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

buyer from uruguay

The buyer is likely using a freight forwarding service to be able to purchase items from sellers that otherwise don't ship to their country. I have personally used a freight forwarding service in Japan multiple times in order to buy from Japanese sellers who don't ship internationally.

Whether or not you accept the offer is up to you, but keep in mind that all you have to do is ensure that the item gets to Quebec.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

buyer from uruguay

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy - just wanted to hop in here and let you know that if you have your buyer requirements set up to block buyers from locations you don't ship that it should prevent buyers with a registration address in that location from making a Best Offer. 

I'm wondering if maybe they had the Quebec address as their registered address? Either way @thestuffofchris gave some good insight too! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

buyer from uruguay

tyler@ebay wrote:

Howdy - just wanted to hop in here and let you know that if you have your buyer requirements set up to block buyers from locations you don't ship that it should prevent buyers with a registration address in that location from making a Best Offer. 

Does this hold true if a buyer changes their primary shipping address to another country that you do ship to? I often have buyers in countries I don't ship to that use forwarding services (which is not a problem) and presumably change their primary addresses to overcome the block.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

buyer from uruguay

tyler@ebay wrote:

I'm wondering if maybe they had the Quebec address as their registered address? Either way @thestuffofchris gave some good insight too! 

Tyler

I think you are in error on this one. A buyers registration address doesn't matter, their primary shipping address does.

I'm registered in Canada but sometimes have my primary shipping address set to the USA and this allows me to purchase from sellers who ship to the USA only.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

buyer from uruguay

loml888
Community Member

Thank you everyone for all of your input. It means a lot that this community is willing to help when these weird situations come up.

Have a great evening!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

buyer from uruguay

Was it the expensive Camera?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

buyer from uruguay

Will the Quebec address be on the Paypal payment, or just sent to you by email?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

buyer from uruguay

Thanks @recped - my mistake! It is the primary shipping address, NOT the registration address. Thanks for keeping me honest.  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

buyer from uruguay

Yes, it was.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply