Forum Posts

HST no on all provinces in Canada

I checked the website of RCC The Voice of Retail and noticed Manitoba do not have HST so why the heck does Canada Post/PayPal is charging us HST?? And what percentage of HST for Manitoba? I recently published a PayPal label and the invoice comes $11....

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

PayPal / Canada Post On-Line Shipping Partnership

The following is an excerpt from an e-mail received today from PayPal. I'm assuming all of you have already or will see it today. Does anyone know how to link the two platforms? They say we can do it from within PayPal but I didn't see anything to en...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Updates to chat/site issues from last fall - please look at last post on chat from April 7

Qottie has posted a lot of updates, concerns, and questions on page 2 of last Wednesdays chat. Could all posters please read his post and if they originated any of these (I know some were from a year before that) could they please reply to Qottie wit...

• 15 replies
  • 2 helpful

Buyers who give excuses why they can't pay etc.

So I had a buyer who used BIN on a laptop. They asked a bunch of questions after they bought (but not paid). Hadn't heard back for quite a few days, I was busy anyways. I sent a polite reminder regarding paying for the laptop. Still nothing. eBay aut...

eBay Buyer Fraud on the WEB

Just another variation on a theme https://tamebay.com/2017/05/ebay-under-fire-again-in-media-regarding-buyer-fraud.html

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

What would you do regarding address, would you mail as is?

I have a new buyer in France who provided his address. As a check I usually google their address and on more than one occasion the buyer has left off his/her apartment number off. The person lives in an apartment building and did not provide his apar...

apartment.jpg

How much would you pay to ship this package?

Quick background: I pay ~10,000$ in shipping fees all through eBay-PayPal and using Canada Post per year. I'm wondering if I'm getting good prices. For example, how much would it cost you to ship the following package: From: G6Y 0J9To: M2P 1V4 Weight...

List in CDN decision must be stopped!

For as long as I have been an eBay member, eBay has always recommended listing in USD to attract more customers. And they have been right on this. Correct. As in not off their rocker when they make this suggestion. And it is true. This is good advice...

My laugh for the day

I was writing the listing for a book of patterns for Disney's Pooh bear characters, when I noticed that my spellcheck has changed "Tigger" and "Eyeore", or Trigger and Eyesore!

• 1 replies
  • 5 helpful

Promoted listings and words of caution from US Boards - You will pay for unpaid items

Apparently, if you use promoted listings and the order is unpaid or cancelled, you will still be responsible for the promoted listing charges according to a poster on the US Boards http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Promoted-listing-fee-UNFAIR-for-...

• 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

Store Owners - how often do you have a sale?

Using markdown manager how often do you put items on sale? Do you put everything on? certain things? What percentage do you use? It seems I have been having a sale every month for a week. I get some sales but get sales without it too, I haven't reall...

Resolved! A question about how PAYPAL refunds are applied...

I got asked this by a buyer earlier this week and I did not know the answer. If a buyer pays for something with PAYPAL via a credit card and I subsequently refund them, does the refund go into their general PAYPAL account, or does it get automagicall...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! 'Best Offer' Deal Sheet is messed up tonight

Head's up to sellers who may accept Best Offers on their listings. The number of BO has been increased now to between five to 10 Offers depending on your Category BUT there is a glitch that doesn't actually allow you to Accept or Counter any of those...

• 21 replies
  • 1 helpful

Make Offer

I noticed there is a change in Make Offer. Many of my items include Make Offer button and when 2 buyers make offers, there is no options for me to accept it or to counteroffer, only to decline them. I sold lots of items through Make Offer, very few d...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anybody shipping to Australia light or small packet?

Good Morning, last year I had over 5 packages over November and December (different dates, different PO's) sent to Australia that were taking about 2 months to get there. They all arrived but all late. Australia was having some serious problem with t...

Resolved! Question about declared value on international shipments with free shipping

Hi, Small question about declared value on international shipments to the US being sold with ' free shipping ' .I have free shipping on almost all of my items and i add the shipping cost onto the item the sale price.I was wondering, if i sell somethi...

'eBay Deletes Seller Listings in Brash Move'

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2017/5/1496088624.html eBay Deletes Seller Listings in Brash Move eBay is supposed to be a venue only, bringing buyers and sellers together. But eBay has increasingly gotten hands-on and now it can del...

• 18 replies
  • 2 helpful

canadapost price increase?

did canada post recently up their price for shipping parcels or something?..i can't see anything on their website, but notice many video games are now up around $15 shipping (when they used to be around $5) i already stopped buying from US sellers a ...

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Question about Store Types

I have a Premium Store and my subscription ends today. I'm thinking of downgrading to a Basic store and subscribing for the year. Does anyone know how it works if I decide to upgrade back to a Premium store in a month or two? I think what I'd like is...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels