Redoing all my shipping to include international on some items and not on others

I am redoing all my shipping for the first time in years and have a question with US and worldwide.

I am shipping some things internationally to possibly increase sales.

I have set up shipping for Can, US, and worldwide.

Ir now shows US under the US shipping as well as again under worldwide so 2 prices for the US

How do I only have it show up under US but not under worldwide?

See item 391803173097

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Redoing all my shipping to include international on some items and not on others

tobyshitzu
Community Member

unclick usa in the second international section

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

It is not clicked as only worldwide is

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

have to unclick worldwide and click everything but usa, or leave it as is

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

I may be misunderstanding but I do things similarly.

However I am listing on .COM

Here is what I have:

USA shipping first (domestic because I'm on .COM)

then

Canada shipping

then

Brazil & China shipping

then 

Worldwide.

I may be wrong but my understanding is that the order matters and WW should be at the end.

Because I don't list on .CA I can't say for sure it would be the same but theoretically you'd just have Canada first, USA second and then WW.....

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

That is how he has it.  It just ends up showing american buyers a choice between the usa rate and wroldwide rate.  Presumably they will pick the lower one.  If separate countries are used instead of "worldwide", then americans wouldn't see the international choice

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

I may be misunderstanding but I do things similarly.

However I am listing on .COM

Here is what I have:

USA shipping first (domestic because I'm on .COM)

then

Canada shipping

then

Brazil & China shipping

then 

Worldwide.

I may be wrong but my understanding is that the order matters and WW should be at the end.

Because I don't list on .CA I can't say for sure it would be the same but theoretically you'd just have Canada first, USA second and then WW.....

Then it gives US twice as shown in my item number. I am trying to get rid of that.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

That is how he has it.  It just ends up showing american buyers a choice between the usa rate and wroldwide rate.  Presumably they will pick the lower one.  If separate countries are used instead of "worldwide", then americans wouldn't see the international choice

If I pick all the separate countries and not worldwide or US, will it still only show countries I am willing to ship to based on the exclusion list I set up separately

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Ir now shows US under the US shipping as well as again under worldwide so 2 prices for the US

How do I only have it show up under US but not under worldwide? 

I had this problem for a while as well, and I think I may have figured out what it was.  

Working from memory, and without taking actual screen shots of my listing forms, "United States" actually appears in 2 places on the shipping section of the SYI form (once in the "will ship to" general section, along with other countries, and of course under the individual U.S. option).  I believe what I did was "uncheck" United States in the general section, and that got rid of the double entry.  I used to leave it checked on because I thought it was necessary; apparently not. 

Why eBay has these duplications in the shipping section, I've never been able to grasp.  In fact their shipping options are more complicated than they need to be.  Oh yes, and "Russian Federation" still keeps popping up in that "will ship to" section from time to time.  Yechh, shipping.  Maybe increasing prices and listing with free shipping across the board is what they really want all of us to do? 

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

You should be clicking on Custom Destination twice.

Once to get Canada and set a Flat Rate price for that.

Then again to choose among the list. of major destinations.

Don't choose North and South America-- that shoves Canada into International pricing and will default to the higher price.

Or Canada, for the same reason.

Then choose: Additional Shipping Locations-> Will ship worldwide.

These customers will have to contact you. Which is a Good Thing.

Then move on to Excluded destinations.

I used the dotCA form to explain this so there may be some differences on dotCOM.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

If separate countries are used instead of "worldwide", then americans wouldn't see the international choice

Yes, what I recall is that once I used "worldwide" for international, the double shipping display to the U.S. stopped.  Maybe I wasn't being too clear earlier. 

I've never understood what purpose that list of separate countries serves.  If a seller can use "worldwide" and set up exclusions, I think it accomplishes the same thing. 

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

This must be a difference between .COM and .CA then.....

Nobody looking at my listings on .COM or on .CA sees double rates....I double checked USA, Canada, Brazil and a general WW country to be sure.....

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Hi rose-dee

I don't have US checked in the general, but do have worldwide which again includes the USA.

Yes shipping is a pain, especially if you want Canadian listings to go partially international but US listings you only want to go to Canada and the US.

I have had to set up 2 exclusion lists - 1 on .ca for it's listings and a separate one on Auctiva for the US listings.

I found out if you set up an exclusion list on .ca, it also applies to all US listings as it goes by ID, not listing site. again absurd like so many quirks on Ebay.

I am going to test Toby's suggestion and see what happens.

I do one listing at a time so I can see what works and doesn't until it is the way I want.

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

Hi

I will have to leave as is. If you unclick worldwide, it removes countries from the ship to list because the exclusion list in the selling form does not agree with the detailed one under site preference. Not on Auctiva any way.

Will see what edit the listing shows under shipping.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:
I've never understood what purpose that list of separate countries serves.  If a seller can use "worldwide" and set up exclusions, I think it accomplishes the same thing. 

You are assuming use of one flat rate for the entire world or use of calculated shipping.

Selecting different countries allows a separate flat rate shipping cost to those countries.

-..-

Message 15 of 30
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

Hi

I will have to leave as is. If you unclick worldwide, it removes countries from the ship to list because the exclusion list in the selling form does not agree with the detailed one under site preference. Not on Auctiva any way.

Will see what edit the listing shows under shipping.

When I edit the listing on Ebay and pick worldwide, it did not add US twice. Maybe Auctiva has an issue with the duplicate. I think I will leave it alone and the US can show up twice. I am not going to do a listing from scratch on the Ebay form to show what  it shows and certainly not going to edit every listing.

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Yes I realized near the end here that you were listing via Auctiva.... I'm listing the old manual way using sell similar or relist.....
Message 17 of 30
latest reply

I don't think that it is a big deal to show the 2 US options but It has nothing to do with using auctiva vs using eBay directly.  On the listing in your first post you are using light packet USA for the us and light packet international for other countries. But because the US is considered international it shows both options because that is what it thinks you are telling it to do.  In the Vulcan token listing you are using the same service - international standard shipping-   It is only showing the one US option because that's is the only option that it has been given.  

On com, ric  is using Standard international shipping for both Canada and other international countries which is why you only see the one option there.   On com. I will often use standard intl for Canada and economy for other countries because economy gives me a longer delivery time and in those cases Canada will show both standard and economy.  It hasn't caused a problem.

Have a look at your delivery times before deciding which option to use.  For example with a 2 day handling time light packet gives a 6-11 day bus day delivery to the UK.  Standard international on .ca shows 5-11 to the uk. It isn't a huge difference but it might be more of a difference for other countries, I'm not sure.

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

I see the light! THX for clarifying PJC!
Message 19 of 30
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@rose-dee wrote:

You are assuming use of one flat rate for the entire world or use of calculated shipping. 

No actually, I'm not.  I have 3 or sometimes 4 tiers of flat rates (on my .ca listings), depending on the size and weight of the item.  Tier 1 is domestic (Canada), 2 is specifically U.S., and where Light Packet can be used, the 3rd tier is "worldwide" which covers all international destinations, used in conjunction with my exclusion list. 

If Light Packet international can't be used (i.e. where rates vary by destination), I break international into 2 separate sections, one for closer destinations (mostly Europe), and one for the rest, where I cherry-pick the areas of the world I want.  My exclusion list deals with the rest. 

What I was referring to was the duplication of United States in both the "international" selection and in the "will ship to" section of the SYI form (on .ca).  That seemed to be causing eBay to pick up two rates for US shipping in my listings.  Once I stopped doing that, the dual rates disappeared from the shipping section of my listings. 

Message 20 of 30
latest reply