eBay Buyer Fraud on the WEB

12 REPLIES 12

Or from a more forgiving point of view:

1) Ebay has a program in place to spot serial abusers of the MBG system

2) Another 'Kubota Tractor' scam on another site pretending to use eBay , but totally unrelated to the company,

3) Counterfeit tee shirts are being removed by eBay as they are reported.

4) The Sun.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Is this intended to be a How To Rob, Steal and Kill for Buyers? Because you're making it so very easy to find all the scams running, handily located for reference in the same place.

It's not like this thread is, for example, locked for Powersellers eyes only. It's totally public. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Yes it's totally public, as are the articles themselves.

I do not live behind walls, nor in a glass house.

As for the Scammers, Abusers and what not, they will not be on here reading these threads.

But, you did!

And I will be posting more as they cross my Flipboard feed.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

And I will be posting more as they cross my Flipboard feed.

Why?  We all know there are good buyers and bad buyers out there.  When people post here they often post their own bad experiences, rarely their positive ones.  I don't see the point in reading about more bad experiences especially when we cant ask for more details from the person who had the problem.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

We must be constantly vigilant.

This applies to sellers....  and also to buyers.

eBay has developed a payment process that protects both buyer and seller.  and then a communication process...... eBay Messages.... that also protects us....In retrospect  many  looked at these developments as unnecessary... yet today  they are most definitely required and must be used with care.

We must know the correct process  and be able to recognize what is not correct.

---------

As we move through each year  with care,  as the many of those  ready to take advantage of the situation will constantly look for ways to defraud someone.

In the days before the computer  fraudsters used the mail   today's snail mail....and the telephone... and in many instances  the fraud was undertaken face-to-face.

In this new computer age.  a fraudster can hide behind a cooked-up image.....  and make all kinds of claims.

As a seller on eBay  I recognize that I have a selling image,  a selling ID..... and must keep that image separate form my personal ID  and then my professional ID

It is my view  that too many sellers link their selling to social  discussion groups where  one's identity may be s totally visible. ... Facebook... Twitter.  

Communication on the internet is not perfect...because  hackers/fraudsters  are always looking for ways to break current protection barriers.....  and they will eventually do so...  What protected us 10 years does not protect us today

Protect your identity... specifically your personal identity... in relation to your selling ID....  and fraudsters  will go elsewhere

Always be vigilant... for even that buyer could be making a purchase   with the intent of accessing your personal information as a fraudster

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

What protected us 10 years ago does not protect us today

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I don't see the point in reading about more bad experiences ..................

Unless it's a personal account from someone wanting to vent, I have to agree with that.

It's incredibly easy to rip someone off when buying on line, and drawing attention to that isn't good for anyone.  It only increases the anxiety of those already anxious and also has the potential of teaching the uninformed things they don't need to know.

IMO what's more interesting and says much more about the world we live in is that, considering the ease with which it can be accomplished, the percentage of buyer fraud is very low.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

PS.  Brettje38......... Just want to add:   I just realized that you're an infrequent poster and there were a lot of opposing views.  Next time everyone might agree with you so please come back.  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

The most important thing to do here is read and learn.

and contribute in a quiet easy manner,,,,... and learn more with each contribution.

There are many ways to say the same thing.....

Take a deep breath and make an adjustment..... not only will it make life easy here   but it will also help one to adjust to an easy, well developed procedure for selling and dealing with each and every buyer.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply