buyer scammed me by buyer protection and ebay allowed it!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got scammed big time from a buyer who bougt an expensive piece bracelet. She said it was not authentic so asked to return and i would give her a full refund. a few days later i had a COD package in an X-LARGE SHOE BOX at my door and was told i had to pay $40.00 to recieve the package! Of coarse i did not. First I had no idea what it was and then seen that it said jewelery on it! A show box for a bracelet!! give me a break and to have to pay money to get my jewerey back and then pay back the buyer almost another $200.00. that's a SCAM if i ever seen one!!

Went through the whole process and naturally EBAY was in favour of buyer. I even reported the buyer and surprise. Now the buyer has her money back and the jewelery!

I have heard of other sellers being scammed of their items from buyers also. What's going on Ebay?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I read a lot about these ''return to seller with charge ($$$)''... is there any ebay ruling about this ? 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Did you try contacting customs? I always thought that you shouldn't have to pay duty or anything on an item being returned. It originated in Canada (because you sold it from Canada), and it's being imported back into Canada, therefore you shouldn't have to pay anything.

Take a look at this web page: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d6/d6-2-6-eng.html

Under Appendix A it does mention "Goods Returned to Sender/ Exported".

You may be able to get a credit for any duties/taxes paid to get your item back.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

and was told i had to pay $40.00 to receive the package!

Was this Canada Post or a courier?

The fee would be made up of duty and sales tax plus a fee to the shipping company.

The duty and sales tax would not have been charged if the buyer had known to mark the package as 'returned merchandise.'

Annoying as it is, you can still get this money returned by Customs by following the process outlined on the back of the shipping invoice.

You won't get back the courier's fee for the return.

Of coarse i did not.

Well, that was stupid.

Now the item goes back to your unhappy buyer. You are out the jewelry and probably Paypal will make the refund and come after you for the money.

First I had no idea what it was and then seen that it said jewelery on it! A show box for a bracelet!! give me a break and to have to pay money to get my jewerey back and then pay back the buyer almost another $200.00. that's a SCAM if i ever seen one!!

Nope.

It's just the way the system works.

You got upset and now you are out the bracelet and are likely to be out the money too.

There may be time to correct your error.

Phone the company that brought the parcel and POLITELY explain your problem. It's not the clerk's fault and she is the one who might be able to correct it, if you ask nicely.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply