check invoices sent by ebay could be wrong

recently i sold an item for 60.00 us dollars the invoice was 103.64 not counting shipping the customer was really **bleep** off,and it turned into a non payment,the customer emailed me saying that the invoice that was sent by ebay not me was rediculouse,and he wasnt paying,i just chalked it up to oh well not much i can do,a week later i sold the same item at 59.99 the invoice that ebay sent him in canadian funds was 82.90 thats like 23.00 less a week later,so ebay made a 23.00 mistake creating a situation of a non payment claim,i wish i would have caught onto this would have made a happy customer and saved a non payment case

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you sure it was $60 the first time? At on time you had a buy it now price of $69. I think that the exchange rate was around $1.42 for a couple of days so with the 2.5% paypal fee $69U.S. would be over $100C.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Since both Canada and the USA use the same name for their currencies, it would be helpful if you added USD or CDN as applicable.

I suspect the problems might be foreign exchange (which fluctuates constantly) and added shipping charges.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

i list all my items in us dollars,and when something sells it shows my sale in us dollars as well as what it would be in can currency
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Your listing read:

Price:
US $59.99

Shipping:
$45.00 Standard Shipping

Where is the problem?

Did you send an invoice to the buyer?  If so, how much shipping did you charge?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

the problem is with the first time i sold it the can currency came up at 103. can dollars and i sold it for 60.00 us dollars this time it came up as 82.00 can dollars and it sold at 59.99

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

"the problem is with the first time i sold it the can currency came up at 103. can dollars"

????

That is the part that makes no sense.  When a listing is in US$, the invoice sent by eBay is in US$ (not Cdn$)

Where do you get Cdn$103?  Where exactly do you see that?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Are you sure it was $60 the first time? At on time you had a buy it now price of $69. I think that the exchange rate was around $1.42 for a couple of days so with the 2.5% paypal fee $69U.S. would be over $100C.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply