check your listings page, it show me that i can now send offers, to watchers..

when i click on my show listings,  it shows me that i can send offers, on 120 items, that all have watchers.. Has anyone else seen this yet. And if so do you know how long the offers are good for,

i would assume 48 hours, unless the item ends sooner..  We knew it was coming, but i figured there would be an announcement.. Or is this a glitch that will disappear  shortly, until they are ready to launch it in Canada??

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

so it shows i can send offers on 120 items, i sent an offer for an item with 4 watchers, and the bubble next to it counted it. but no where does it show me how much the offer is that i sent, or when it expires.  Should there not be an eBay message saying i sent an offer to 4 watchers, with the price and terms.??

P1340192.JPG

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@esclyons 

Thanks for the heads ups. Appears now to have been rolled out  for Canada. May take awhile for all Canadian Sellers to have access. I've tried a test with 2 items including a personalized note. We shall have to wait and see how it pans out. Was hoping it would include "actual" watcher information. Might make it easier to determine if your watchers are potential buyers or just sellers monitoring prices to figure out if it is a YAY or a NAY!!

-Lotz

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

When you click on Sent Offer - Check Offer Details tab, it is limited in specifics.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

thanks to  lotzofuniquegoodies

we tested an offer and it is good for 48 hours, or if the auction ends in less than 48 hours, obviously the offer will end with the listing ending.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

For anyone standing and reading this discussion, please be seated. From my very recent test  Send Offers with 2 items and 5 watchers(total), I unit sold. You may stand up again.  🙂

-Lotz

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

wow, you better sit down again, i sent offers on 5 items, which all had multiple watchers, 2-5, and i have sold 2 items, at very fair prices.. o.k. you may stand back up.. i am now sending offers,  on all items with more than 2 watchers.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @esclyons & @lotzofuniquegoodies - Congrats on the sales, and welcome to the Seller Initiated Offers tool!

There isn't a message that confirms that you sent offers to watchers - so if you feel so inclined, record that info elsewhere before you hit 'send'.

You aren't able to choose which watchers get your offer (it will go to the 10 most recent who have chosen to receive promotions). Details on the offers aren't available at this time either. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

thanks, so to sum it up. if i send offers on an item with 5 watchers, there is no way for me to know, how many received it?  it would be nice, so i can tell what percentage of offers are working. But either way i will take it.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Hi @esclyons - that's right, there isn't a way for you to see which watchers received the offer (or even who they are). 

It comes down to privacy concerns and is something we're looking to address/improve so you can get that feedback for your business. 

Hoping that you see continued success with it!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

thanks but my question was, if there are 5 watchers, and i send the offer, will all 5 receive it??

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

tyler@ebay   @esclyons 

Yes, with watchers you will never know if you are sending to 3 previous watchers, 3 new watchers, a combination thereof or someone that has purchased in the past at full price and continues to have on a watch list. There is the potential for it to get either messy or confusing for a seller when it's not officially logged.

-Lotz

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

On the Listings page in Seller Hub....  Click on Quick Filter... to find the  Promoted listings and listings with Best Offer.....

Also click on the arrow to the right of Edit for each listing....   to add Best offer to a listing.... or create a promoted listing.

and then ... Find where the Best offers are located... Also Promoted listings. using the Quick Filter option

No promoted listings... and No Best Offer Options in listings....  for me.....

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@cumos55 

Possibly arriving as a bit of a gradual rollout or it's on tape delay? Wonder if there will be an official announcement?

-Lotz

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

thanks but my question was, if there are 5 watchers, and i send the offer, will all 5 receive it??

Hi @esclyons - it depends on the watcher's communication settings. If they allow promotion emails they will receive it. If they do not they won't. 

If none of the watchers on your item allow promotion emails you wouldn't see the option to send an offer to watchers. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@cumos55 

Possibly arriving as a bit of a gradual rollout or it's on tape delay? Wonder if there will be an official announcement?

-Lotz

It does appear to be a gradual rollout because it was last week when I first noticed the "Send offers to buyers" option under the Selling menu on the mobile app, but still no actual listings appear when I select this.

While I wait for this shortcut to work correctly, I was able to send some offers yesterday to test the waters by scrolling through my Active listings (again, on the app) and looking for a box with the line: "Get it sold by sending an offer to interested buyers."

Experimenting with this on a few listings to see if anything comes of it.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

I received one offer on item I've been watching, and it's intrigued  me. So I start testing and sent 30+ offers on already reduced price... nothing happened, no response, no counter offers. Promotions is working better for me.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Same experience here although with fewer offers sent... no responses of any kind. Kind of leaves one wondering if the offers actually went to watchers or just disappeared into thin air.
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

I see the same prompts that are displayed here however when I go to send offers "eligible" and see the list that it generates it includes items that don't even have watchers. And the only options it gives me is to do that promotion thing where you pay if something sells. As I understand it that is not the same thing as sending offers to watchers. Since ebay launched that win your wish list I added all sorts of items to keep it above $1000 and now I'm getting all these offers ....about 3-5 a day!!  but they are all US sellers.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply