did buyer pay shipping?

one of my listings just said "paid-ship now". the buyer is from Chile and ebay xpresspost label costs $131 and it's asking me to purchase the label, is the buyer paying for it or what? is the cost of shipping included in what has been paid to me? I dont see the payment anywhere, I signed up for managed payments a while back.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

did buyer pay shipping?

If you go to the transaction and click on order details of that item it should show you what the buyer paid.  When I look at your listing it looks like you charged the buyer

$141  for shipping

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

did buyer pay shipping?

If you go to the transaction and click on order details of that item it should show you what the buyer paid.  When I look at your listing it looks like you charged the buyer

$141  for shipping

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

did buyer pay shipping?

ok thanks, one more question the label has a commercial invoice on it delcaring the value of the item, does the invoice need to be affixed to the outside of the shipment together with the label?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

did buyer pay shipping?

I'm not certain if it is required but with an item of that value I would use a labelope and put the commercial invoice behind the label. A labelope is a clear envelope that you can put the label in.  The post office should be able to give you one.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

did buyer pay shipping?

@chengda85 wrote:

one of my listings just said "paid-ship now". the buyer is from Chile and ebay xpresspost label costs $131 and it's asking me to purchase the label, is the buyer paying for it or what? is the cost of shipping included in what has been paid to me? I dont see the payment anywhere, I signed up for managed payments a while back.

Standard procedure to follow is 3 sets of paperwork for customs. Shipping label, Customs documents and a copy of the packing slip relating to the shipment. Sign the copies of the shipping label and customs documents for each set and staple. Link attached below with all the document specifics/requirements for shipping to Chile. You should be able to get a pouch for the documents from your postal outlet. Make sure the address format of your address label matches requirements for Chile. A phone number should be included for the buyer and seller to prevent delays.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGIntDestDetails-e.asp?table=tblCountry&txtLe...

Address format compliments of Pepe.

https://pepeschile.com/proper-mailing-address-format-in-chile/

-Lotz

PS. If you are shipping on a regular basis and have an account with CP you can order a small selection of supplies. Included in the free items are the label pouches. Standard amount is 3 x 100 at a time.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

did buyer pay shipping?

Do you already have a Solutions for Small Business account?

The clerk at the Post Office can give you one or you can get it here.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/business/small-business.page?

The discounts are not huge, but you do get Expedited Parcel rates which are often a better price than Regular.

Since you are shocked by the cost of shipping-- Tracked International Air Mail is expensive. But your buyer saw the cost before she paid, and she found the total cost acceptable.

Is the money in your Paypal Account?  Just seeing it marked Shipped is not enough in my opinion. I want to see the money in Paypal (or Managed Payments if you are using that).

Never never never try to cheap out by using Surface shipping. Never. Just don't. Ever.

And always use Tracking.

There's no harm in paying the extra $1.50 for Signature Confirmation for that matter. Especially to the USA.

Also the HS code for figurines is 392640.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

did buyer pay shipping?

BTW-- It's good that you are using your own photo for the anime figure you currently have for sale.

But you might look around for stock photos of what is in the sealed box to tempt the buyer a little more.

Do use your own. It tells your customer that you really do have the thing.

Best wishes.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

did buyer pay shipping?

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Do you already have a Solutions for Small Business account?

The clerk at the Post Office can give you one or you can get it here.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/business/small-business.page?

The discounts are not huge, but you do get Expedited Parcel rates which are often a better price than Regular.

Since you are shocked by the cost of shipping-- Tracked International Air Mail is expensive. But your buyer saw the cost before she paid, and she found the total cost acceptable.

Is the money in your Paypal Account?  Just seeing it marked Shipped is not enough in my opinion. I want to see the money in Paypal (or Managed Payments if you are using that).

Never never never try to cheap out by using Surface shipping. Never. Just don't. Ever.

And always use Tracking.

There's no harm in paying the extra $1.50 for Signature Confirmation for that matter. Especially to the USA.

Also the HS code for figurines is 392640.

@femmefan1946 

I signed up for a CP account when I signed up for shippo previously, according to shippo that account is only for ebay use and if i want to do my own shipping I need to make another account is that correct? that is confusing! and for discounted rates is it the snapship thing? I also heard that if I print labels from ebay a discount is already applied whats the difference between that and the small business discount?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

did buyer pay shipping?

PS. If you are shipping on a regular basis and have an account with CP you can order a small selection of supplies. Included in the free items are the label pouches. Standard amount is 3 x 100 at a time.

where do I order the free supplies?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

did buyer pay shipping?

@chengda85 

When you signed up for your Small Business account you should have received a card in the mail. (If you didn't you can request one). You can use that if you were to purchase parcels at a post office to receive your discount. As for supplies those are located by signing into your  CP account. Option at top of page. That is the the other place where you can purchase parcel postage online(billed to a CC). You will have to manually update shipment information to print each label. eBay does not post your sales info over. Only Shippo and eBay Labels have that capability.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

did buyer pay shipping?

where do I order the free supplies?

That, to my understanding, comes with a Store subscription.

The supplies are overpriced, but once you apply the coupon, they drop to being free or very close to free.

For example, I get a $35 coupon.

There are poly envelopes which I use a lot available on eBay regularly for $12 a hundred.

The eBay branded ones are $35 a hundred.

With the $35 coupon they are free.

So there's some playing with values there-- but which is higher cost -- $12 a hundred or Free with coupon?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

did buyer pay shipping?

The supplies that lotz was referring to are on Canadapost.com. You may have to sign in with your small business  account to see the free envelopes that he was referring to.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/shop/mail-pack-ship.jsf

The small business account number isnt just for ebay.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply