discounted stamps

I've seen posts here and there about people selling stamps below face value, but I can't remember any usernames. I just did a little browsing of the various stamps for sale and kind of got confused. Can anyone point me in the right direction? What exactly should I be looking for?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

discounted stamps

@wonsxela wrote:

I've seen posts here and there about people selling stamps below face value, but I can't remember any usernames. I just did a little browsing of the various stamps for sale and kind of got confused. Can anyone point me in the right direction? What exactly should I be looking for?

uncancelled stamps with gum

One of my search strings that I use is "mint face value" in Stamps > Canada

Plus over the years, have built a list of sellers I like to buy from.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

discounted stamps

I'm not entirely sure if we can name specific sellers in an instance like this (I know we can't "name and shame" which is the opposite of this, but I'm going to be careful here), but there is a long-tenured and well-respected user on these boards who shouldn't be hard to find.

She sells stamps. Nice stamps. Really nice stamps.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

discounted stamps

@thestuffofchris wrote:

..... She sells stamps. Nice stamps. Really nice stamps.

Yes. She does sell really nice stamps.

Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

discounted stamps

YES , type in face value stamps.. there are lots out there. about 70-85 percent of face value is usually the range you will get..

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

discounted stamps

@thestuffofchris wrote:

I'm not entirely sure if we can name specific sellers in an instance like this (I know we can't "name and shame" which is the opposite of this, but I'm going to be careful here), but there is a long-tenured and well-respected user on these boards who shouldn't be hard to find.

She sells stamps. Nice stamps. Really nice stamps.

.... and she posts on many of this Board's threads.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

discounted stamps

The search I use for Canadian postage stamps (full gum):

from eBay Canada, "Canada Face Value" in search box, then select "Stamps - Canada" in category (at left) and finally "Canada" as location (Buying from the USA seldom makes sense by the time you add border taxes and shipping charges.  There are plenty of Canadian sellers offering these lots, there is no point in going to the USA or overseas.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/Canada/3478/i.html?_from=R40&_sop=16&_nkw=canada%20%20face%20value&rt=nc&LH_...

Avoid "uncancelled stamps with no gum".  Canadian regulations make it illegal to use those (again) for postage.

In addition to eBay, you will find several philatelic auctions offered regularly by large Canadian stamp dealers/auctioneers.

Whatever you do, wherever you go, stick to sellers with a good reputation.

Good Luck.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

discounted stamps

Also be sure to calculate in shipping charges and tax if the seller charges tax. That can make a big difference.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply