Forum Posts

Is there a seller from Newfoundland here?

I need to double check an address in Bonavista NL as it seems incomplete. I emailed the buyer but they have not responded. Let me know and I will send you a PM with the address to see if it seems right. I don't know how small Bonavista is, might only...

Shipping Small Items Within Canada

I know I've asked about this several times and always get good help, but for some reason shipping small inexpensive items within Canada always leaves me stumped. My sales of this type are few and the guidelines never feel clear. The item weighs just ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Shipping fees not included

recently I sold an item on ebay, in the listing I stated that the buyer pays for shipping and filled out the necessary information. Someone had purchased the item however the invoice ebay sent did not include the shipping costs. I honoured the invoic...

U.S. customers cannot use the shipping calculator

I have sold 3 items today and all 3 customers had to email and ask what the shipping cost was. Not only that...when they tried to pay before I sent an invoice it said I cannot ship to their Country! I've been told the best way to figure out shipping ...

Wave of fraudulent, hacked account buyers.

Has anyone else in the last week being crushed by a wave of hacked account buyers? I think I am just going to shut my account down for now. In the last few days I have had 16 fake buys. A few of them have even been paid for and then you get the old H...

Buyer unable to pay?

Hi, I got this series of messages today. The buyer is well established with 4000 feedback and quite a bit of it is seller."i bought it now on the challenger mazebut may pay pal payment did not go thruim trying to work it out so i can pay you""ive cli...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sales dropped off a cliff on Friday.

I have been selling quite well for July, at least 2 or 3 a day, so far 30 sales up to Thursday July 13. Now nothing, usually each weekend I would have at least 5 to 6 sales. It is like ebay turned my lights off. I'm wondering if other have noticed or...

Any recourse after eBay closes dispute in favour of buyer?

I was selling a fairly heavy item and a member from Portugal asked if I would sell international. The shipping costs are ridiculous but eventually they agreed to pay for CP International Surface (AKA by boat). The delivery standard is 1-2 months as s...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

I've had it with international shipping!!!

So far in the last 6 months, 4 parcels sent to Australia at different times took 3 months to arrive when I shipped them airmail. One parcel to Spain, One to Germany and now today one to the Netherlands did not arrive. For the last 3 I lost $30 alone ...

Upgrading store temporarily

I find myself running out of free listings with my store (it is a basic store) and am considering upgrading it temporarily. Not sure if it is worthwhile with the additional fees or not but thought I would like to try it for Sept/Oct & Nov. I am think...

Resolved! Help needed with combined shipping label

I have a Canadian buyer who has purchased 2 items separately. These will be mailed expedited and I want to send them in the same package, but I can't see a way to change the Paypal invoice to cover the 2 items. Does anyone know a way to do this?

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post Delays for BC

Just wondering if anyone else was having difficulties with shipping Canada Post Lettermail to BC? It seems most of my items are now taking a month to get there and I'm getting lots of requests for refunds. I was told there was a backlog due to fires ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Insertion fees increased

I couldn't find a list of insertions fees increased anywhere, not even in the announcement's. I was posting a magazine at fixed-priced style and it is 6 cents instead of the usual 5 cents today. Did they increase the insertion fees starting today or ...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay adds Insult to Injury

Thank you very much ebay for restricting my account for trying to do business. Your complete failure to provide me with the shopping cart services you charge me for. You force my customers to contact me looking for ways to make multiple item purchase...

• 16 replies
  • 2 helpful

Blindsided

$50 item... An overseas buyer opens a pp claim, immediately escalates it, dispute messages and emails say 'respond by xx" (xx being about 2 weeks ) and another email saying 10 days ect ect.... heres the kicker, less than 36 hours after escalation goe...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Promoted listings for single items on US chat

If anyone is going to use promoted listings on .com for single items, they may be interested in this chat session. http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Community-Chat-Aug-23rd-1pm-PT-Promotions-Manager/m-p/27385985#M1027833

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Good news: promotions

Good news for those of us listing on .com:http://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Promoted-Listings-Now-Available-for-Single-Quantity-Items/ba-p/27351484

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Any suggestions?????

So I'm new to eBay & I sold an item (iPhone 7) & the buyer requested to cancel sale, I do so .... so then I try to repost item in same catagory and it won't let me saying "I've reached my limit for posting in this category!!! So appearantly I gotta w...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Top Rated Seller Requirements - mixed numbers

I seem to be finding mixed numbers on different pages on the amount needed to sell in the last 12 months to achieve Top Rated Powerseller (global). In my dashboard it shows I need to make $3000 in sales but on the ebay help page it says $1000. Can so...

Frustrations with ebay inconsistencies

Most of the time ebay works fine but when you run to an exception you often end up in one of those situations which can be needlessly frustrating because site documentation on policies and procedures as well as answers from customer service reps are ...

address.jpg address.jpg
  • 13 replies
  • 2 helpful

Must have said something wrong.

My post and answers has been removed, so must have touched a nerve. I did not say anything bad as far as I think. Maybe I'm wrong.Thanks to those who answered. Cheers

Unsold items list

I was going to relist some recent unsold listings, but I can' find them anywhere. I went to advanced, to look for completed listings on my own site for the last 15 days. It takes me to a page of DYSON vacs. and fans ?? Then I tried the item #s, they ...

Try to put up Mystery Box listing, says not allowed...

Search Ebay for "Mystery Box" and a bunch are currently up and being bid on, numerous ones sold recently and on a constant/consistent basis.Pardon my french, but **bleep**? If they're not allowed, how are there listings up for them right now, and how...

• 12 replies
  • 1 helpful

A Couple of Questions About Light Packet

I'm sorry for bringing this subject up again ...... I haven't used Light Packet for a while; I was using the reduced Small Packet rate on Snap Ship until the end of July and, this month, I've only shipped lettermail in Canada or parcels. I just want ...

• 17 replies
  • 1 helpful
Labels