eBay Canada Post Label changed Country of Origin

Hello,

I printed my first eBay Canada Post Label last night since it was around $1 less than my Shippo discount, and I specifically chose the Country of Origin as United States while choosing the dropdown boxes (since that is where the item originated). After looking at my PDF, the Country of Origin was changed CA/AB which I did not choose.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

@wecango88 wrote:

Hello,

I printed my first eBay Canada Post Label last night since it was around $1 less than my Shippo discount, and I specifically chose the Country of Origin as United States while choosing the dropdown boxes (since that is where the item originated). After looking at my PDF, the Country of Origin was changed CA/AB which I did not choose.

@wecango88 

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked the 1 I processed last night. It too changed from China to CA/AB. It's been doing this from the get go(May 26 for me) since I switched over to ebay Labels. Shippo always filled in properly.

devon@ebay Can you get this over to the Labels team please. Customs documentation is something that the seller is signing off on that needs to be correct.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@wecango88 wrote:

Hello,

@wecango88 

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked the 1 I processed last night. It too changed from China to CA/AB. It's been doing this from the get go(May 26 for me) since I switched over to ebay Labels. Shippo always filled in properly.

devon@ebay Can you get this over to the Labels team please. Customs documentation is something that the seller is signing off on that needs to be correct.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I will be sure to have this sent over to the Shipping team and thank you for letting me know about this. 

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Right, same thing here and it is very annoying and frustrating when we sellers put in the actual country of origin and the eBay label system auto changes it to our home province/country.

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

devon@ebay 

While this shouldn't have any effect on us as sellers, it could cost our customers money if their country has differing duty on imports from Canada, China, USA, or Botswana.

EBay doesn't want unhappy buyers.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

devon@ebay Any update on this Country of Origin label issue? It is still happening as I had it again on a label this morning. Thanks!

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

@wecango88 wrote:

devon@ebayAny update on this Country of Origin label issue? It is still happening as I had it again on a label this morning. Thanks!

@wecango88 

devon@ebay  is currently on hiatus......honeymoon. Possibly elizabeth@ebay  can get this corrected? I'm still having situations where the unit weight is defaulting to the shipment weight whic would could potentially cause an issue for multiple unit shipments. The customs portion should be an extended weight of sold items. Actual shipment weight should be the total including packaging.

Disheartening when a physical error like this is pointed out in June and it still hasn't been addressed.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@wecango88 wrote:

devon@ebayAny update on this Country of Origin label issue? It is still happening as I had it again on a label this morning. Thanks!

@wecango88 

devon@ebay  is currently on hiatus......honeymoon. Possibly elizabeth@ebay  can get this corrected? I'm still having situations where the unit weight is defaulting to the shipment weight whic would could potentially cause an issue for multiple unit shipments. The customs portion should be an extended weight of sold items. Actual shipment weight should be the total including packaging.

Disheartening when a physical error like this is pointed out in June and it still hasn't been addressed.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I am back and I will do some follow up on this to see what insight I can get to share with everyone here. 

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

It's still happening

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

@marla_dd wrote:

It's still happening

devon@ebay 

As mentioned in post 8 this goes back to June 2023. This is a definite defect with eBay labels and the customs form which is legal document that any user using is signing/certifying inaccurately.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Can confirm this problem still exists. I printed a label a few days ago and I did change the origin to Japan, but the label defaulted back to CA/BC...
Message 11 of 33
latest reply

are you kidding me?! THIS IS STILL HAPPENING.

Are you sure it's not intentional?

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

YES, this is STILL happening!>>>>This issue has not been fixed...and most likely will NOT get fixed anytime soon because eBay Canada could care less and like so many other issues on.CA, these things are not considered a priority so Canadian sellers get NO/ZILCH/NADDA/ZERO consideration when it comes to any kind of fixes for problems. These so-called "follow-ups"/ sending to the appropriate team,etc,etc. are nothing but lip service and totally meaningless. The support for Canadian sellers is basically non-existent.

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

@behemoth418 wrote:

are you kidding me?! THIS IS STILL HAPPENING.

Are you sure it's not intentional?

@behemoth418 

Here is another discussion on the topic from March 2023. It most likely goes back even farther. Just was not recognized by casual shippers (using eBay Labels) as a concern. It was never an issue when using Shippo, Net Parcel or SnapShip.

-Lotz

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Shipping-Label/m-p/491555

Back in 2022 the country it was being reported that the country of origin of goods did not display when you filled it in using eBay Labels.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/country-of-origin-not-showing-on-ebay-label/m-p/479660

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

YES, this is STILL happening!>>>>This issue has not been fixed...and most likely will NOT get fixed anytime soon because eBay Canada could care less and like so many other issues on.CA, these things are not considered a priority so Canadian sellers get NO/ZILCH/NADDA/ZERO consideration when it comes to any kind of fixes for problems. These so-called "follow-ups"/ sending to the appropriate team,etc,etc. are nothing but lip service and totally meaningless. The support for Canadian sellers is basically non-existent.

@mrdutch1001 

The dicey part of this issue is as a seller we are declaring the customs form as accurate. It is a legal document. But because it updates only after printing the only way to currently correct is add to the notes section at the bottom and "hope" customs can actually view that data because it does not physically print. That country of origin information could potentially affect applicable duty rates if an inspection were done because of the contradictory (fraudulent) information generated by eBay's form. (Not saying it will. Just stating it could.)

-Lotz

Message 15 of 33
latest reply

Oh I agree!... this is a very important "needed" fix that eBay Canada just continues to ignore...

I don't ship outside of North America, but I still "need" accuracy for any shipments to the USA.

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

Hard to believe this unrepaired issue has been going on long enough to qualify it as a

Zombie

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Hard to believe this unrepaired issue has been going on long enough to qualify it as a

Zombie

@intimewithmusic 

@behemoth418 

On a totally unrelated note you can now toggle quickly between Anglais und French on dot ca. Awesome if you are able to/want to parles-tu français!!! Gracias eBay. 😆

Sur une note totalement indépendante, vous pouvez désormais basculer rapidement entre l'anglais et le français sur point ca. Génial si vous êtes capable de parles-tu français !!! Merci eBay.

Unsure? Would that upgrade qualify for a "bazinga"?

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

Ils s'entourent!

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

Maybe no  zombies in French culture.

Unless you want to include Pierre P?😅 Not sure why but that guy scares me!!!

Here was best I could when you need for future reference.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1710861282539.png

Message 20 of 33
latest reply