'eBay Glitch Impacts Mobile Buyers and Sellers'

Somewhat gratified to see I am not the only person heartily annoyed by this. 

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2017/8/1502131577.html

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 10.16.13 AM.png

I did however discover I could get back to my Selling Manager if I clicked on My Summary and went at it from a backdoor. Lots of extra clicks, though, and I could never remember how to do it the next time. Just keep clicking, clicking, clicking. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

This unfortunately is what Ebay has become and it will only get worse.

I don't use a phone but there are enough problems with Ebay using a desk top.

Personally, contrary to what we are told on the chats, Ebay could care less about anything, other than what affects their bottom line.

I have never seen a company do testing live without testing on a backup machine first.

And as I keep saying, and others do as well, it is the smaller sellers getting hurt and paying the price.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

The glitch serves to highlight the underlying problem and that is that the mobile apps don't allow sellers to do what they actually need to do to sell here successfully. The ebay ads show breezy young people taking pictures on iPhones and then listing an item for sale, and while it's possible to do that periodically, the apps doesn't support actual sellers with stores or any more than 600 listings. This is a major deficiency in my opinion and one that I leave on review for every update to the app that I leave: Still no support for sellers with stores. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

If you go to a listing and then scroll down to go to classic site, you should be able to access it.  I can't access it from my ebay but I can get to it through a listing.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I noticed this, too. Like you I had to click around a bit to get onto the classic site. Thankfully I don't use the mobile site or app very much so it doesn't impact me as much as it might others.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Part of the problem in the original post is that eBay has announced they are dropping that feature.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Which original post? What feature? Classic site as viewable on a mobile device? Ebay would be stupid to dump that when the App doesn't allow a seller to do even half of what they need to do.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Is the OP using a real browser on their mobile or just using the dumb "web" built in thing that came with the phone? I am using the newest version (55.0) of firefox on both my samsung galaxy s3 and LG G tab III 8" tablet with no issues using ebay's regular non "m" website as of today (aug 14, 2017). I do have the plugin called "phoney" set to "desktop firefox", if you don't do that it will send you to the m version of the site.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

It's since been fixed.

(Classic on Apple's Safari is the web, not a mobile version.)
Message 9 of 9
latest reply