eBay Labels Shipping rates level 4

To anyone who has recently processed orders using eBay labels does it appear that the discount is not matching as per the eBay specifications?

As per Canada Post Website Discounts:

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1685847473203.png

As per eBay email:

lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1685847591988.png

As per eBay Labels shipment:

lotzofuniquegoodies_3-1685847708872.png

eBay email: Small Packet air: 9% / Expedited 20% / Tracked: Matches

eBay Labels screen: Small Packet Air: 8 % / Expedited 10% / Tracked Matches

Note 1: Xpresspost eBay email: 21%/ eBay Labels 13%

Note 2: Unsure of what is meant with the CP screen and "Up to" disclaimer.

-Lotz

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Is that the amount we pay or is it the CPO counter price from which we are given a discount?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Is that the amount we pay or is it the CPO counter price from which we are given a discount?

Above, what is shown, is the discounted rate with eBay Labels(Level 4). When ebay labels and shippo were both using level 1 the only time there were discrepancies  were when the rate hadn't been adjusted to take into consider for the fuel surcharge at beginning of month. (eBay Labels). It appears something is not jiving 100% correctly. 

-Lotz

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I have read the first post a few times but I'm obviously missing something as I don't understand what discrepancies you are referring to.   Canada Post doesn't give a specific number for each services so what information is different on eBay?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I have read the first post a few times but I'm obviously missing something as I don't understand what discrepancies you are referring to.   Canada Post doesn't give a specific number for each services so what information is different on eBay?

Maybe @dinomitesales  can clarify what "up to" means as far as it goes for applicable discounts? From my testing for anyone  who uses Flat Rate Shipping and list using multiple shipping options it does make it extremely difficult to apply discounts appropriately.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Honestly, I don't know what they mean by the "up to" thing. All I know is there is a published Canada Post PDF with the correct rates for a Level 4 SFSB discount, so you need to compare that to what's being shown by eBay. You can access it through your Canada Post account if you fiddle around the area where it tells you what your savings level is.

I have it saved to my computer with the intention to compare when I can, but I just haven't been shipping many tracked parcels lately.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

Honestly, I don't know what they mean by the "up to" thing. All I know is there is a published Canada Post PDF with the correct rates for a Level 4 SFSB discount, so you need to compare that to what's being shown by eBay. You can access it through your Canada Post account if you fiddle around the area where it tells you what your savings level is.

I have it saved to my computer with the intention to compare when I can, but I just haven't been shipping many tracked parcels lately.

@dinomitesales 

There is an eBay tool for sellers to check rates as per eBay discount but buyers do not have access to it. As for the CP published rates because eBay owns the account sellers do not have access via their CP Solutions for Small Business account. Most likely the reason why sellers do not get a documented invoice detailing taxes and applicable fuel surcharges.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@dinomitesales wrote:

@dinomitesales 

There is an eBay tool for sellers to check rates as per eBay discount but buyers do not have access to it. As for the CP published rates because eBay owns the account sellers do not have access via their CP Solutions for Small Business account. Most likely the reason why sellers do not get a documented invoice detailing taxes and applicable fuel surcharges.

-Lotz

The published rates are just a PDF document. I downloaded it just fine. You can download PDFs of all of the savings levels to cross-reference if you want. I just realized I could attach a file to this comment so here's the Lvl 4 rates.

I just printed out a Small Packet USA label. CPC Level 4 Discount PDF stated $9.33, plus the 11.5% fuel surcharge this week is $10.40. That's exactly what I was charged by eBay Labels.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@dinomitesales wrote:

@dinomitesales 

-Lotz

The published rates are just a PDF document. I downloaded it just fine. You can download PDFs of all of the savings levels to cross-reference if you want. I just realized I could attach a file to this comment so here's the Lvl 4 rates.

I just printed out a Small Packet USA label. CPC Level 4 Discount PDF stated $9.33, plus the 11.5% fuel surcharge this week is $10.40. That's exactly what I was charged by eBay Labels.

@dinomitesales 

What would be optimum(preferred) is sellers being able to choose(toggle in settings) between discounts vs the counter rate the buyer sees. That's been thrown out there by numerous sellers but has never gone anywhere at eBay's end. For the meantime it's up to sellers discretion if they choose to refund buyers per transaction. If buyers saw a closer to what resembles the actual accurate options more buyers would likely purchase vs running for the hills when they assume shipping looks really high. Win/win for sellers and buyers.

And why I have always offered multiple shipping options. Let the buyer choose what works best for them. As another seller recently schooled me, when using the app you are extremely limited to number of options you can choose vs the pc version of the listing tool.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 9
latest reply