eBay Labels for Canadian shipments does NOT break out the taxes paid on the label?

eBay labels for Canadian shipments should break out the HST paid when eBay bills us.
I am an HST registered seller, so I can claim back the HST/GST paid.

Thoughts..... since eBay actually buys the label from CPC, eBay is charged the HST/GST and pays CPC. eBay, as a registered HST/GST platform, can claim this tax back.
When eBay turns around and bills the seller for the label, it is the TOTAL that includes this tax. It isn't broken out as a GST/HST tax because eBay obviously does not remit this to the CRA because they already paid it.
It is not detailed in the Tax Invoice. It is simply a Flat charge taken from our payout or backup $ source. So eBay benefits from claiming it back on their HST/GST number and then charges it AGAIN to the seller and does not have to remit it to the CRA (because it isn't broken out as a tax).

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: eBay Labels for Canadian shipments does NOT break out the taxes paid on the label?

This is 100 % incorrect, both product and shipping label tax is based on destination

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Re: eBay Labels for Canadian shipments does NOT break out the taxes paid on the label?

Did you get any info fromeBay on this yet?

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@msau4301
I recall having to run that simple bit of math every time I filled the tank. At the time of introduction none of the gas receipts provided GST paid info.
Message 23 of 23
latest reply