eBay Managed Payments Problem

Hello, I got put on managed payments a month ago and would like to explain my story to hopefully prevent others from losing money like I did. First I like managed payments, it's better then paypal so far.

I tried to pay my last invoice from the previous month and eBay gave me an error 3 times to pay the exact amount even though I was putting the exact amount. I also tried a payment through paypal and that went through but since I don't keep balance there anymore, it will take it from my bank in a few days. 

Turns out they charged me 3 times on my bank, then 1 on paypal. A total of $400 all in fees paid to eBay.

I called both eBay and my bank. eBay doesn't see the transactions, my bank does. My bank is prepared to charge back the extra payments but my fear is eBay will see it and ban me.

Is there anyone that has been through this situation or any advice on how I should handle this. I'm also writing this in hopes to let anyone know to really watch your bank after you get moved to managed payments and try to pay an old invoice. 

thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Clearly they have an accounting problem. And I wouldn't be surprised that it is related to this new managed payments setup. If the systems that they are using are having problems, and the CS staff can't even see it, then what else can you do other than a charge back. If their CS staff are not willing to dig into this matter properly and help fix it, then do what you need to do. You have the proof which you can print and show them. In addition the CS staff at the call center in the Philippines are even more useless that their regular staff in the USA when it comes to more challenging issues. If they cause you any issues, then send a registered letter to their HQ in Toronto with the proof. And make sure that you either record your phone calls or contact their CS staff in writing (which is better). That proves that they're not doing anything at all to solve the issue. You have to draw a line in the sand at some point. No more Mr. nice guy or Mrs. nice girl.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Better than Paypal? Never had ANY problems with PayPal

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@electronicifycanada wrote:

Hello, I got put on managed payments a month ago and would like to explain my story to hopefully prevent others from losing money like I did. First I like managed payments, it's better then paypal so far.

I tried to pay my last invoice from the previous month and eBay gave me an error 3 times to pay the exact amount even though I was putting the exact amount. I also tried a payment through paypal and that went through but since I don't keep balance there anymore, it will take it from my bank in a few days. 

Turns out they charged me 3 times on my bank, then 1 on paypal. A total of $400 all in fees paid to eBay.

I called both eBay and my bank. eBay doesn't see the transactions, my bank does. My bank is prepared to charge back the extra payments but my fear is eBay will see it and ban me.

Is there anyone that has been through this situation or any advice on how I should handle this. I'm also writing this in hopes to let anyone know to really watch your bank after you get moved to managed payments and try to pay an old invoice. 

thanks

This was an observation I and  a few others noticed when we were in the process of switching over. In my case, it wouldn't let me pay no matter what I tried. It kept looping back. I ended up letting things run their course. My payment for ebay fees is set to remove from PayPal. Which it did on the month end. Best of luck with  any charge reversals. Sadly MP and your personal bank are really not on "speaking" terms in the scheme of things. They can move funds....They just don't always know where those funds are (confirm or deny mentality) until they fully process.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Ebays new payment system is criminal for the lack of a better term....I have lost thousands of dollars with no response from them

If you are having a issue like I am please let me know

What is happening ....if I cancel a order and Ebay charges me back to my bank account yet doesnt credit me for the original purchase amount from the customer and the funds just seem to go missing

So far to date it is close to 5k

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@dr911ca wrote:

Ebays new payment system is criminal for the lack of a better term....I have lost thousands of dollars with no response from them

If you are having a issue like I am please let me know

What is happening ....if I cancel a order and Ebay charges me back to my bank account yet doesnt credit me for the original purchase amount from the customer and the funds just seem to go missing

So far to date it is close to 5k

A clear explanation which I am unable to confirm appears things work differently between dot com and dot ca. For cancelled orders/Refunding buyers on dot ca funds (from my experience) have always come from my bank account. To date never from either pending or processed payents. On dot com they "seem" to come from pending first, processed 2nd and bank 3rd. These are seller reports viewed repeatedly in discussions. I've also seen it reported that sellers have received payouts (to bank) on Saturdays. So anything is possible.

In theory a cancelled transaction under normal circumstances should be a straight reversal.  Directly connected to the original transaction. With no delayed window for funds to arrive/move. That's how it works at Rona or Walmart.

I feel your pain AND confusion. It's similar how things were originally promised for eBay Labels and how they happen now.

-Lotz

In speaking to customer service the answers I got were all over the map. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply