eBay Reports is NOT helpful or useful

I was told to request my eBay reports to get information on my last year of sales, but particularly information on where my customers resided so that I could determine my Canadian taxes to pay.

After waiting for 9 days, I received the eBay reports today, and it is dreadfully unhelpful.  There is absolutely NO information as to where my customers reside, as I need to know which are Canadian customers.  Now, I'm going to have to go back into Paypal to find my customers' information, but that only occurs until July, at which time eBay decided to change their payments (so I no longer get automatic payments into Paypal).  

Only being able to look up 90 days of sales on eBay is not useful. This is the information we need to do our businesses and stay compliant with tax laws, and eBay needs to improve this.  On another forum message, I saw the Jacob of eBay had commented that eBay decided that they would limit reports on sales to 90 days as it allowed the eBay site to load faster.  Come on eBay - you can do better than that.  

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

byto253
Community Member

Go to the Seller Hub and select the Payments tab, then select Reports on the left hand side.  It will bring up this screen below, where you can specify any date range and what type of transaction you want to have downloaded.   You can see I selected Jan. 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2021.

It is a bit of a raw data dump into an Excel file so you will need to tweak it for what you want, but the information is there and accessible.

MP report.jpg

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@junior_high wrote:

I was told to request my eBay reports to get information on my last year of sales, but particularly information on where my customers resided so that I could determine my Canadian taxes to pay.

After waiting for 9 days, I received the eBay reports today, and it is dreadfully unhelpful.  There is absolutely NO information as to where my customers reside, as I need to know which are Canadian customers.  Now, I'm going to have to go back into Paypal to find my customers' information, but that only occurs until July, at which time eBay decided to change their payments (so I no longer get automatic payments into Paypal).  

Only being able to look up 90 days of sales on eBay is not useful. This is the information we need to do our businesses and stay compliant with tax laws, and eBay needs to improve this.  On another forum message, I saw the Jacob of eBay had commented that eBay decided that they would limit reports on sales to 90 days as it allowed the eBay site to load faster.  Come on eBay - you can do better than that.  

Not perfect but if you keep a hard copy detail(packing slip/sales record) of each sale for your records that be of some help in these kind of situations.

=Lotz

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Go to the Seller Hub and select the Payments tab, then select Reports on the left hand side.  It will bring up this screen below, where you can specify any date range and what type of transaction you want to have downloaded.   You can see I selected Jan. 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2021.

It is a bit of a raw data dump into an Excel file so you will need to tweak it for what you want, but the information is there and accessible.

MP report.jpg

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I dropship.  But yes, I could look up records elsewhere, but it's really inefficient. I don't run into this with other selling platforms.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

THank you!!!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I was able to download the report (based on what you suggested above) from July to December 2021, but I was not able to get any transactions for January 2021 to end of June 2021.  Do you know why?  Does it work for you?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

July is likely when you were enrolled into Ebay Managed Payments and Ebay took over from Paypal.  So Ebay does not have the information prior to that.  You need to go to Paypal to download a similar report from January to December.  This is what I did.  Didn't mean to mislead you with the example, I just wanted to show that you can select dates. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

This won't help you for 2021, but I need the same type of report as you do for taxes. Here is how you get a much better spread sheet. 

You go to your eBay summary, and then go Orders>All Orders - In the top right corner you will see a 'Download Report' button, click that. It will download an Excel spreadsheet that has the country, as well as more info. 

The big problem is that you can only get 90 days worth of transactions. Which is why I am saying this will help you for the upcoming year, but won't solve your problem. The most organized way to do it is to download a report every month for the previous month by filtering your 'All Orders' from 'Last 90 Days' to 'Last Month' before downloading the report.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I print out every listing and add notes on how much postage actually was and /or PO receipts for those which required Parcel/tracking.

But I use stamps on the parcels since I have lots and lots of those all purchased at a discount.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thank you.  Yes, eBay Managed payments.  So yes, I went to Paypal for the information. My main concern with eBay is that they don't always keep the data available for us long enough. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Yes, I'll have to make a point of doing it promptly.  It's kind of silly that they only give us the 90 days. Sometimes, life happens (get sick) and it's not possible to get it done.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Great the hear you got what you needed.  With the MP report it should be like Paypal and have the financial record available for the year, and likely multiple years.  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply