eBay Shipping Discounts with Calculated Shipping Now Available!

Just saw this email come in, haven't tried it yet but for all those who were waiting (lotz I know you've been trying for us for a long time!):

eBay-negotiated discounts are now available when using calculated shipping

We have heard from our seller community, and eBay Canada is pleased to share that Canadian sellers are now able to offer eBay-discounted shipping rates to their buyers when using calculated shipping services.

Previously, sellers using calculated shipping were only able to charge their buyers the full retail rates, which could be highly cost-prohibitive.

Starting today, sellers can reflect eBay-negotiated rates on their listings when they offer calculated shipping. This means that, rather than seeing the retail rate, your buyers will pay the same low-cost eBay-negotiated rates that you can access on eBay Labels. This feature will help make your items with calculated shipping appear more attractive to buyers.

This is an optional feature. By default, listings that offer calculated shipping will still show the full retail rates without including eBay-negotiated discounts. To opt in to this feature, simply follow these three steps:

1. Visit Shipping preferences under Account Settings.
  2. Scroll down to ‘Offer discounts to buyers’ and click Edit
  3. Select ‘eBay-discounted rates’ and click Save

eBay Canada is focused on providing convenient, flexible, and affordable shipping options to Canadian sellers. To learn more about eBay Labels, and the eBay-negotiated discounts available to sellers, visit the visit the Seller Centre.

To ask a question or share your feedback, feel free to reach out to us at [ebaylabels@ebay.ca]ebaylabels@ebay.ca.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: eBay Shipping Discounts with Calculated Shipping Now Available!

Doesn't work as far as I can tell.  I activated the option as instructed and do not see the negogiated rates presented to potential buys.  I only see them "after" buyer has paid full price for shipping just as before .

Message 21 of 21
latest reply