eBay closed my US store and opened a Canadian store without my knowledge or approval. Still paying.

I wrote on the US seller discussion forum about why are the Canadian sellers having to pay HST on a US store using US currency. In my way of thinking its like if I had a US friend (PayPal) whom I told to buy something for me and I would use it when I travel down to the States. But I would keep it in the states and not bring it back to Canada. Why would I pay HST on it. Anyway an eBay Rep sent me an email and said that I needed to have US currency to avoid HST. I emailed him back to tell him that i did have US currency and if he could help me out with this issue. Then on my next US invoice I realized that eBay had cancelled my US store. And  later I realized I had a Canadian store opened. Since the closing of my US store I have wasted God knows how many hours on the eBay phone with Reps. I had one Supervisor tell me that they have a recorded conversation that I phoned in on June 6th to close my US store and open a Canadian store. But on June's invoice it shows that it was cancelled on the 5th. I asked her that I want to listen to that recording and she says it's against eBay's policy to do that. For months I had a negative $22.  in eBay.ca. That money is gone and every month since I get slapped with another Canadian invoice with store fees. Every time I phone eBay the Reps continually understand and feel how upsetting this must be for me. ltimately promise me that they have refunded me and closed the Canadian store. At the time when my US store was cancelled I had over 350 Items listed. It cost me $87 in GTC fees when I thought I had that one more month in advance. I had 249 free listing left for that month which was enough to cover it. I phoned in to confirm because it was getting a little confusing and was told I was good till the 1st of August so the listing rolled on the 29 of July and I was charged the fees .

For me there has been a negative change in eBay with the Chinese sellers, the revamped confusing eBay web format, the always not helpful Reps and the way the sellers are stepped on.

Do the buyers ever get those messages sent to them regarding sending out positive feedback. It's the sellers who benefit by them the most.

Does any now what eBay's feedback is. Like when you phone eBay then they send you a "How did we do"  feedback rating.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay closed my US store and opened a Canadian store without my knowledge or approval. Still paying.

You are Registered in Canada so your eBay fees are subject to GST/HST, it doesn't not matter if you have a "US Store" or a "CA Store" (or for that matter a UK Store or an AU Store) and the billing currency is also irrelevant.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

And later I realized I had a Canadian store opened.

You can use your "Canadian " store to list in the USA in US dollars.

Or in the UK in pounds. Or in Germany in euros.

It helps if you are selling in other currencies to have bank accounts in those currencies AND in banks in those countries, because: foreign exchange.

To open more than one store, you need more than one account.

If you are registered in Canada, all your accounts (and stores) will be registered in Canada.

All your eBay accounts can feed the same Paypal account. You can also use the PP account to service other online venues like etsy or Bonanza.  (Correction, etsy seems to have just dropped PP.)

If you subscribe to a Store, you have a given number of "free" listings. But you can upload that many listings to dotCA, then upload the same number of listings to the dotCOM site.

Doubling the number of listings without increasing your fees.

To find out how many "free" listings you have on each site, visit your Seller Hub on each site.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply