eBay cut on shipping supply size

Thought i would share the find as i personally kinda laughed at noticing it. 

Both from the eBay supply store. Both were bought as 6.25'' x 8.5'' and from the SAME listing. 

On the left the ones i bought 6 months ago. On the right the ones i bought last week.

They removed 1 inch length. They grind us really hard. Picture attached. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

GOOD, less plastic in the environment, and why not use paper envelopes?

And water-based paper tape?

Homosapiens are never happy...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@brettjet38 

@rocketscollectibles 

Welcome to "Shrinkflation"!!!

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1682008159467.jpeg

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1682008432400.png

They have updated the sizes on some of their boxes. Unsure if they were using improper measurements and realized after the fact and/or were corrected by buyers.  Did they do that too with the pouches? If you compare prices small to large on the boxes a few of the smaller sizes are prized higher than the larger sizes.  Thank you cards have gone up 4.00 in the last 2 years. Stickers are the same price.

For the OP their choice may be influenced by the actual size of the pouches. They may now have 1 that does not work for their purpose.

-Lotz

PS. Was a recent episode on Marketplace on the subject.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

Thought i would share the find as i personally kinda laughed at noticing it. 

Both from the eBay supply store. Both were bought as 6.25'' x 8.5'' and from the SAME listing. 

On the left the ones i bought 6 months ago. On the right the ones i bought last week.

They removed 1 inch length. They grind us really hard. Picture attached. 

@rocketscollectibles 

You may want to message the seller with your observation. They could have gotten in new stock and didn't realize the difference so did not update their listing accordingly. If, because of the size discrepancy the product does not work for you it would be a valid INAD.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The boxes changed sizes over the last year as did the bubble envelopes, they removed the excessive (wasteful) flap.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It seems to be like that with everything these days.  A lot of items we buy at the grocery store have less product per package than they used to.  Of course the prices still go up.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

and why not use paper envelopes?

Water.

I sell paper collectibles. Water is my greatest fear.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply