eBay infringement on item listing page.

I'm just listing some items in my store and was looking for matches for catagory ideas. I am really disgusted with ebay. On individual listing pages there are 10 and even 11 rows of "suggestions" (people who bought this bought..., sponsored items, related, etc.,...). Of course, when I view my items ebay shows less so not to offend me right away. You pay for a listing page and it gets hijacked. Really bad. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Use Promoted listings...
Use a distinctive background...

Make your `stuff` stand out from the rest...

Make your Item Page pop...

black font on a white background is like a sheet of glass...

I have the same issues as you, but I use a distinctive style to make my items stand out in my categories...

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It's easy to let Descriptions fade away.
Like @brettjet38  I use a coloured background (much simpler than theirs!) to make my Descriptions stand out on the page.

EBay does not encourage this.

EBay's suggestions are good for eBay not necessarily for the seller.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Compare:

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thats it fill as much space with your own info and make it jump out...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I see only two lines of sponsored listing, then YOUR Item Specifics, then YOUR description,  Then YOUR Seller info and only then after a buyer has scrolled and scrolled will they find 8 lines of ads.

How many buyers even scroll down past your description at all? So the reality is you now have two lines below the fold and before your Description.

This is a lot better than it was 3 months ago when all those lines were near the top.

Keep in mind, if you were using Promoted Listings your ads would be showing up in those spots on other sellers listings.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply