eBay making it difficult for small independent sellers

I have been navigating through the mobile site, the app and now the desktop site in order to ask a question, leave an email or submit feedback to eBay themself and find it extremely frustrating that there isn't a simple link to do so.  Not to mention the holding period of funds for people who have sold and purchased in the past from the same account and with the same account information.  A sale of mine could possibly be held from today till July 10.  I have pulled all my listings. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You are not alone.

eBay is frankly the equivalent of a shady pawn shop that just freaks you out and is in a bad part of town.

I purchase from a few select sellers I trust, and although I have the odd thing for sale, I am thinking of moving forward with just dealing local, even if it's less money, the hassle can be killer.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@monarkofkrave wrote:

... Not to mention the holding period of funds for people who have sold and purchased in the past from the same account and with the same account information.  A sale of mine could possibly be held from today till July 10.  ...

Just because you have bought on the account before, does not allow you to skip the ebay "new seller" restrictions.  The restrictions (hold on sales payment, and monthly listing limits) are eventually lifted for successful sellers.  If you haven't tried selling in over a year, the "new" status will return.

-..-

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

navigating through the mobile site, the app and now the desktop site in order to ask a question, leave an email or submit feedback to eBay

Did you try Help & Contact at the bottom of this page, and most eBay pages?

They were not available by phone for a while, but are back on track now.

In addition, I understand that you can communicate with eBay employees through Twitter and through FaceBook Messages.

Leaving feedback is pretty simple.

On the order page, click on the title of the item you sold. That will take you to the listing and you can then click on Leave Feedback at the top left of the listing.

There are other ways to do it, but that's the one I usually use.

You cannot as a seller leave negative feedback for a buyer. Transaction problems are handled through the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and most eBay pages.

Some large PowerSellers have the perk that their customers cannot leave feedback for seven days after purchase. ( And feedback can only be left for 60 days in any case.) This is very annoying, but FB should be left after the Resolution Centre has been used to settle disputes.

You can't leave feedback for eBay itself, because you are not in a transaction with eBay but with one of the 25million+ sellers worldwide who advertise on the site. Feedback is an opinion on a transaction.

All that being said, did you have a problem with a buyer or a seller that we busybodies experienced members can help with?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply