ebay for charity in canada

Many years ago i made a charity auction page for a canadian charity and got the fees waived and all that fun stuff. I am employed by another charity now, and I'd like to set them up too for the same thing.

Unfortunately, i can't find information about that anywhere. https://pages.ebay.ca/ebay-for-charity/ seems to be a dead-end page with no information. It gives an email address, but givingworks@ebay.ca bounces.

Can anyone assist? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

tyler@ebay 

Does the Canada site still support charity and NGO giving?  Or can a Canadian charity be used on the dotCOM site?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @reallynicestamps - this is a good question!

eBay Canada supports 'direct seller' charity listings. That is, an account that is set up by the charity themselves that lists and sells their items at a 100% donation rate. 

Partial donations, or 'contributor seller' type listings aren't supported. 

As long as a charity can pass the proper muster with the PayPal Giving Fund (https://charity.ebay.com/help/charity-direct-seller), I don't believe that it needs to be located in the US to list on the .com site. In fact, depending on the specifics there may actually be more options available for charities registered with the .com program.

@shymmer17 - that email address should be working as far as I'm aware - I'll get it reported and see if there's a better one to use!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi Tyler

Thanks for the help. I got a Status code: 550 5.0.350  error, saying my email triggered a policy violation or system error on the recipients end. 

I'll try that link. I see that my charity is already registered as a PayPal Giving Fund recipient so i'm hoping it is an easy thing to do in the dashboard of paypal (once i get the login info from whomever runs it in the org).

Thanks for the help! 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi @shymmer17 - just wanted to let you know that I worked with the charity team and they've corrected the issue with the email address. Would you mind testing it once more?

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply