ebay says I don't exist if you follow the link from Google search results

I was disturbed to see this today. I used to be able to google the name of my store and easily find it with all my listings on a variety of ebay sites: Canada, USA, Germany etc.

Today, the Google search results are all there but any and all links lead to a page that says I do not exist.

Is this new? Or have I somehow just not noticed this until today?

I feel like I shouldn't have to say it but... this is bad for business. 

Hello!Hello!Existential crisis timeExistential crisis time

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I believe the Google search links to your eBay I.D and not your store name. I've tried a few sellers eBay I.D's vs their eBay store name and got searchable results within the Google search.

It doesn't hurt to be selling on eBay.com either as their are other eBay related .com-sites that will promote and advertise your items via the Google search (TopRatedSeller.com, Collectors.com etc...) 

I was surprised that your eBay I.D didn't produce any searchable links and your store name did produce searchable links on Google.

The best approach would be to have the same eBay I.D and Store name.... 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Interesting.

I've google-searched my business name and followed that google link from the search results to my store successfully a thousand times within the past six years. Until today.

Whatever changed, it is recent.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It's irrelevant whether I search by user ID or store: both produce copious amounts of search results in google which lead only to a dead-end on ebay.

There is something broken here, I'm quite certain of it.

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 10.16.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-27 at 10.16.25 PM.png

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Interesting.  There's a cached version of your eBay page, so it worked at one point.  When I google my user ID the first result takes me to my eBay page...

Are you concerned this will cost you sales?  Your items are otherwise searchable from the site.

Trying to get this "fixed" is probably a nightmare....

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I am concerned it will cost me sales. It’s difficult to find a store on eBay in search, I think, if you are a casual site user without a direct link.

I always tell people to google me. It was a foolproof tactic thousands of times.

So when you google your own user ID or store, your google search results links take you to the place you are actually found within ebay?

I’m going to have to get to the bottom of this. It is or will certainly cost me sales.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The Google link shows: https://www.ebay.com/str/mcqueenandmomater

eBay store link shows: https://www.ebay.ca/str/Mo-McQueen-and-Sons

mcqueenandmomater versus Mo-McQueen-and-Sons

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

That's true but Tyler told me that disconnection between the store names wouldn't change until I manually changed it, and he gave me directions to follow. I hadn't done that it yet.

Oooooooh, but my Stores subscription was modified earlier this week. I bet this triggered a new contract based on the new name. 

That's the reason the links lead nowhere now. 

I wonder how I can get google to find the new connections based on the new name. Any thoughts? Is this anything that I can actually affect short of placing ads with google myself to redirect it? Or do I just have to wait for some magical moment?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply