feedback not left

Hi Not sure how everyone feels about this but when buyers do not leave feedback and since feedback is important  for discounts and buyers assurance, I think ebay should automatically add positive 5 star feedback-(maybe send a reminder and let them know 5 star feedback is being added) obviously customer is satisfied with transaction-they would reserve the right to change if feedback is finally left-my wife and I are both seeing a diminishing rate of feedback left from buyers-just do not bother and with life so hectic, I can understand time constraints but we the sellers should not suffer when we have sold and delivered the goods as ordered. It has been proven in the marketing world that if a person has a problem with a purchase that they will spread it to everyone they know yet if they are very satisfied they will maybe tell 1 or 2 friends.

Such is feedback on ebay-I think some sort of change needs to happen to be fair to sellers-my thoughts-what's yours-Don

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

feedback not left

"EBAY BUYERS TO SOME EXTENT LOOK AT HOW MANY STARS YOU HAVE-SOME DO NOT CARE BUT IF I HAVE 2000 STARS VERSUS 900 I BELIEVE THERE IS MUCH MORE CONFIDENCE GIVEN TO BUYER..."

This is only partially true from my perspective. Once seller has >200 stars it doesn't make much of a difference.

As a (low volume) buyer, rating % is way more important.

And the comments for negative ratings play a large part for me as well.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply