getting screwed by ebay

xkos35
Community Member

i sold a commercial dishwasher on the 13th of november,the buyer saw the photos of the item,with serial number and model number,tells me it's perfect,everything documented thru ebay emails.I pay 700 canadian to ship it to new jersey,starts giving me a response saying it's steam operated,which it could be,but also works with electricity,again all documented thru ebay emails,ebay accepts his demand to return item,even though it is buyers remorse,he uses the item not as described,i never used the item,it was brand new.Ebay refunds his full amount,I'm trying to contact him twice thru ebay to pickup my machine,he doesn't respond,and to top it all,Ebay charges me 1121 canadian dollars for selling fees,so i'm out 700 dollars beginning my 5000 dollar dishwasher and 1121 can for selling fees,this is how they treat a client of ebay since 2010,and who has purchased over 30000 dollars worth of goods,CONGRATULATIONS EBAY,YOU'RE DOIUNG A SUPER JOB.

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: getting screwed by ebay

ALL photos should have been posted/added to your listing as should all the details/Specifications about the item for sale before you sold it, you did none of that...

Calling everyone "Scammer" "Scam Artist" seems to be a rather common thing for you, yes there are scammers but not as many as you have called "scammers" in the FB you have left for others, you seem to shop from scammers...

The only person at fault here is yourself, eBay ruled against you, why?

Because you are "confrontational" and I am sure you were, with both the Buyer and eBay CS in this dispute, how do we know that, because eBay ruled against you and by all the FB you have left for others which shows your "character".

How many of your Sellers "canceled" transactions with you, quite a few & probably after looking at the FB you have left for other Members or the way you communicated with them.

Maybe this shopper decided to give you a taste of your own medicine after looking at your FB profile and all the back and forth with the dispute...

So, when the Buyers asked to return the item what did you say?  Yes or NO?

When eBay told you you had to accept the return, what did you say? Yes or NO?

Good luck getting back your item and let us know if you get it back...

Message 41 of 50
latest reply

Has the Buyer responded to your messages about getting the item returned?

When was the last communication with your Buyer? Was it before the eBay ruling? 

Message 42 of 50
latest reply

Item description

The listing page is where buyers get most of their information about an item. Information in the listing helps buyers decide what to buy and know what to expect when they receive the item. It's important to make sure that the listing is only used to describe the item for sale and to communicate the terms of the sale in a professional way.

You're required to:

• Specify the condition of the item
  • Describe any defects or flaws in the item – this helps avoid problems or buyer dissatisfaction

Note: When selling a used, refurbished, or flawed item, you must include photos of the actual item for sale instead of a stock photo.

Nice pictures but as the above eBay policy states "you must include photos of the actual item for sale instead of a stock photo." 

...Your listing only had 1 stock picture, mistake number 1

...and your item is considered "Used" you purchased it on eBay and resold it on eBay 2 years later, mistake number 2.

Message 43 of 50
latest reply

i will pick up next week.

Message 44 of 50
latest reply

even if you do all that,ebay will still rule against you.waste of time selling anything bigger than a scarf on ebay.

Message 45 of 50
latest reply

Ahh, so your Buyer was not a "Sammer" because you have arranged with them to pick up your item that was not described in your listing, correct?

Message 46 of 50
latest reply

...untrue, I have sold over 17K items on eBay during the 20 odd years I have here, ranging from baked goods to Antiquities. And the most important thing is to make sure to put as much info into the original listing as possible that is the "binding contract" on which eBay will base all decisions.

Message 47 of 50
latest reply

I hope not,I expect to pickup the same machine I sent him,the shipping company has been advised to take pictures of entire machine before shipping back to me,hopefully the same machine will be there.
Message 48 of 50
latest reply

Hope it works out correctly and getting pictures is a very good idea.

Message 49 of 50
latest reply

Wow, I am so angry yet so pleased to have fallen on this
Message 50 of 50
latest reply