getting screwed by ebay

xkos35
Community Member

i sold a commercial dishwasher on the 13th of november,the buyer saw the photos of the item,with serial number and model number,tells me it's perfect,everything documented thru ebay emails.I pay 700 canadian to ship it to new jersey,starts giving me a response saying it's steam operated,which it could be,but also works with electricity,again all documented thru ebay emails,ebay accepts his demand to return item,even though it is buyers remorse,he uses the item not as described,i never used the item,it was brand new.Ebay refunds his full amount,I'm trying to contact him twice thru ebay to pickup my machine,he doesn't respond,and to top it all,Ebay charges me 1121 canadian dollars for selling fees,so i'm out 700 dollars beginning my 5000 dollar dishwasher and 1121 can for selling fees,this is how they treat a client of ebay since 2010,and who has purchased over 30000 dollars worth of goods,CONGRATULATIONS EBAY,YOU'RE DOIUNG A SUPER JOB.

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

getting screwed by ebay

marnotom!
Community Member

I'm sorry that this happened to you, but I sense that there's quite a bit missing from this story.

Your listing has several issues.  The description is less than minimal at best.  There are variants of the Insinger Commander and the listing doesn't specify which one it is and the photo is too blurry on my laptop to see anything like the model number on it.  Also, did you realize you were offering shipping to Canada, Central America and South America for $35 in a USPS flat-rate envelope? 

I'm guessing that you were selling this on behalf of someone else and didn't get to see the dishwasher itself, and that's a problem.  eBay generally isn't a good fit for large, expensive items that aren't automobiles (and even those are problematic, in my opinion.) 

I realize you have a lot of hate for eBay's Resolution Process right now, but keep in mind that if it didn't exist, your buyer would have likely have paid with a credit card and filed a chargeback (charge dispute) with their credit card issuer if they weren't able to work out some sort of resolution with you.  You likely wouldn't be able to beat that, either, and you'd be charged a chargeback resolution fee, to boot.

I'm sorry I don't have more encouraging thoughts for you.

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

xkos35
Community Member
Sold dishwasher on the 10th of November,after buyer viewed pictures of dishwasher,and done his due diligence,opens a fake dispute saying it didn’t match description,giving a non valid reason to hide his real reason,which was buyers remorse,and in the end,eBay gave him reason,then I try to contact him to pick up my machine,doesn’t respond.He gets to keep machine,let’s see,it cost me 700 Canadian dollars to ship,machine worth 5000,and it will cost me another700 to pick up,and every appeal,eBay refuses me,thank you very much eBay,I’ll be seeing you.
Message 3 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

He is ranting, not posting...

...there is a lot of information missing from this member's story. His listing was missing all the important information, only had one picture. No details about the specs, not even the model number or serial numbers.

I suspect that the Buyer contacted the Seller vis a dispute and there were a lot of back-and-forths one being the Seller "refusing" to accept the return,  eBay got involved when Buyer asked them too and they then ruled in the Buyer's favor and technically now the Buyer does not have to return the item.

Hence the reason the Buyer is not replying...

The OPers Listing is lacking in many aspects he could have put 12 pictures instead there was one blurry one, not even a picture of the Serial Number or the model number, talk about "lazy" listings.

And, what about the item description, no detail whatsoever, like you mentioned in your reply on the other post, this story's outcome is sealed I suspect...

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

ask me what you want to know,bear in mind,this is the first time i was selling big item.

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

to answer your question,i had no pictures because the unit was in storage,second i run a high volume restaurant,and i never used the unit.

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

and another thing i sent 4 pictures to buyer with all info included,before he purchased the machine,he told me it was perfect.

https://mesg.ebay.com/mesgweb/ViewMessageDetail/0/All/149705406651

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

look at the other thread you will have more info
Message 8 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

Message 10 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

please don't try to make excuses for scam artists,i've been on ebay since 2010,and look at my feedback.

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

Buyers can only receive positive feedback.

As a seller, you have two positive feedback.

What arrangements have you made to retreive the dishwasher? I'm going to assume that it has been unpacked and has not been repacked.

BTW- it is possible to Revise listings. When you get a specific question from a buyer, it can be useful to add the answer to your Description. Even if the questioner does not buy, the next customer has more information.

Message 12 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

i tried twice to email thru ebay,but got no response,until the 14th of december,ebay had the case on hold,my inexperience probably caused a couple of mistakes on my part,but that doesn't mean i was wrong,and the machine was never used,so i didn't have any clue on the dishwasher,that's why i sent the photos with model number and serial number.

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

it's funny how he got his replies from insinger after the fact he received it,but he could've just as easily done his homework before buying.

Message 14 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

A/ The messages are irrelevant as your listing details are what eBay uses to look at when Buyers make a "Claim".

B/If you had all these other pictures to send to your Buyer, why were they not in the listing originally?

C/ When your Buyer first contacted about the return of the item did you refuse to accept the return or agree to accept a return?

D/ When the "Not as Described" request was made how did you respond? On-time, politely, calmly or did you say no returns and were confrontational to the Buyer or eBay CS?

E/ When eBay said you had to accept the return, did you make the arrangements with the Buyer to arrange the return, usually you refund after the item comes back, or did you wait until eBay closed the claim in the Buyer's favor and refunded them before trying to make "arrangements" to pick up the item after the fact?

TBH - The lack of information in your listing was your "downfall" & I would think after 10 years of being a member and a business individual you would know that "it's all in the fine detail" in any dealing and that is how eBay rules on all cases.

And, no one is standing up for anyone here, I am only replying to your post based on the information I can gather from them and the original listing.

Message 15 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

"scam artist,opens fake claims to get item for free,and ebay indulges him."

This is called false positive Feedback that you left for your Buyer, and you are not allowed to do that, you might want to revise it before eBay removes it and you get a ding...

Message 16 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

dude,i don't plan to sell on ebay ever again,fool me once,shame on you.

Message 17 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

i went and got them when he asked me about the model,he was specifically looking for a commander 18-5,like i said i run a high volume restaurant and are very busy,i considered this buyer worthy.

Message 18 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

i guarantee you this buyer will do it again,and again,ebay will fill up with crooks doing this continuously,and sellers will be at their mercy,how can you say i didn't get what i wanted when you had the pictures before buying.i'll chalk this up to experience,but it hurts me because i've been a loyal customer since 2010,and being treated and judged without even a single phone call,but i guess todays job market with the lack of workers,i guess we have to settle for less.

Message 19 of 50
latest reply

getting screwed by ebay

I did look at your FB, you throw the word "Scam" "Scammer" around like a wet rag...

...actual details about the transaction work better than "inflammatory" words like fraud, scammer, thief, they are "emotional" replies and really have little impact.

Message 20 of 50
latest reply