has handling fees been removed from ebay.ca when creating a sale listing?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You have the option of adding a handling free when you use calculated shipping.

If you are using flat rate shipping then you would just include it in the cost of shipping.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I am trying to list an item on Ebay.ca for the first time and I can't for the life of me figure out where we can add handling fees - this is on Ebay.ca (Canada) - it is different than Ebay.com.  All the responses I have seen were from Ebay.com and the screens are different.  Can someone from Ebay.ca please respond?  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@pascalro_0 wrote:

I am trying to list an item on Ebay.ca for the first time and I can't for the life of me figure out where we can add handling fees - this is on Ebay.ca (Canada) - it is different than Ebay.com.  All the responses I have seen were from Ebay.com and the screens are different.  Can someone from Ebay.ca please respond?  

I just confirmed with another seller that uses the app and they are not seeing it there. Definitely available on the PC. Has to be when calculated is in play. Not flat rate or free.

You may need to toggle on in shipping options at top.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1704931719808.png

-Lotz

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

We are all from .ca here. As lotz said you may have to use a pc and not an app and you must use calculated shipping.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

zetorg
Community Member

Hi.

I'm on ebay.ca.

I'm attempting to list an item - no 'handling fee' option anywhere.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

zetorg
Community Member

Sorry, just found it on my phone app but not on the website.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@zetorg wrote:

Sorry, just found it on my phone app but not on the website.

@zetorg 

@crazyunclesattic 

As a side note the option for a handling fee does NOT appear to be available in ALL categories. (From personal experience. Unfortunately I don't have an example handy.)

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

In confirming with a larger listing that just sold with pick up option attached and included a handling charge, when buyer was invoiced the handling charge was not applied. Tax was collected no problem. From recent past experience if they pay cash tax is not charged. Unsure if that policy has been revised. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@zetorg 

@pascalro_0 

On the right side of the listing page across from shipping there are 2 arrows next to 'see shipping options.'  Click on that, scroll down to domestic/handling cost and turn on the button so that it is blue. If you are using calculated shipping for international  you can turn that button on too.  Now there should always be a box to enter a handling cost at the bottom of both domestic and international  shipping section whenever you use calculated shipping.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply