help me understand the late shipment report

Can any seller help me to understand the late shipment report. From January 2021 - June 2021, my report states that I have 2 late shipments.  I always ship within 24 hours of payment received, except Sundays. When I look at the detailed report, I have 2 late shipments but the reasons from the buyers is late delivery...not late shipment. How is late shipment and late delivery the same thing. I can't control how long the postal system takes to deliver an item and it's seems to make no sense for these 2, shipment and delivery, to be grouped the same by Ebay. Is this an issue that Ebay has ever considered? It would be nice to have someone on the sellers side now and then.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

This is what eBay says......

Late shipments

To provide your buyers with great service, it's important to make sure you send your items on time. Late shipment rates are determined by the percentage of transactions that you sent after the handling time stated in your listing, or were not delivered by the estimated delivery date.

We'll only consider a shipment as late if:

• Tracking shows the item was delivered after the estimated delivery date, unless there's an acceptance scan within your dispatch time or there's confirmation from the buyer of on-time delivery
  • The buyer confirms the item was delivered after the estimated delivery date, unless there's an acceptance scan within your handling time or there's delivery confirmation by the estimated delivery date

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My situation .......

I had two late defects  in late December 2020....  for parcels delivered in Canada.  The parcels were lettermail, and the shipping date was noted for each parcel on the transaction record on eBay.

eBay was called and  the late delivery defects were removed....

Removal is easy with tracked items.....  but a bit more difficult with mail wihout tracking 

I did have a situation where the delivery date was adjusted by eBay.... because eBay had a different view of when the parcel should be delivered

Canada Post delivery dates should be followed    not an eBay adjustment.

--------------------------

Also ....  Once a parcel is delivered to the post office....  it is the responsibility of the postal service to deliver the parcel....  not the responsibility of the person delivering the parcel to the post office.

It is an eBay seller that delivers the parcel to the post office within the seller's handling time .....  and does not deliver the parcel directly to the buyer's address.

Canada post delivery time is presented in each listing.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

.. not the responsibility of the person delivering the parcel to the post office.

I agree with your premise, but eBay holds that the seller is responsible for the actions of her sub-contractor, in this case the postal service.

The post office is responsible to the seller who paid them to perform the delivery.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Late shipment means that you either didn't ship within your handling time or that it arrived after the last estimated delivery date. If the package is scanned by the post office within your handling time or scanned as delivered by the estimated delivery date, it will be considered as 'on time' and there will no be no late shipment ding. So sellers who ship with tracking are protected in that way.

If you ship without tracking, you get a late shipment ding only if when the buyer goes to leave feedback, they check off that the package did not arrive by xx date. (last estimated delivery date)    I find that very few buyers actually mark that it  hasn't arrived by that date but the odd one does.  You sell quite a few items so if you have only had 2 say that the item didn't arrive on time, that  really isn't too bad and it doesn't affect you in any way.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply