how does seller make shipping fee in search results different than the actual?

dm2396
Community Member
For example in the search results, the shipping fee is $10 but when I click on it ans go into the item description, the actual shipping fee is $18. How did they do that? I checked that the "ship to" country is correct, but the search results keeps on display the wrong shipping fee.

Please help
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If the seller is using global shipping to send their item and if the item is under $20 Cdn, the shipping price includes a service fee for the global shipping program. The fee is usually around $5 and you don't see it until you actually click into the listing so the shipping price in search shows as being a lesser amount.

If it isn't a global shipping listing, please provide an item number for a listing that is doing that and we might be able to tell you what the problem is.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The shipping cost  that shows up in a search list is based on what a person places in the Shipping and Payments option in a listing.

If you put a postal code for Canada,  your search results will show  shipping to that location.

Place a US Zip code  and shipping in the search list will be to the US.

and then if you specify any other country  your search results will show shipping to that country.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I realize how shipping costs work but that doesn't explain why the OP is seeing two different shipping costs.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply