how to send offers to your watchers

does anyone know how to send offers to your watchers ? is there also an option to send offers to people that check an item's page ?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@styleclash2 wrote:

... how to send offers to your watchers ? is there also an option to send offers to people that check an item's page ?

Offers can be sent to watchers and people who have your item sitting in their cart).  Offers can also be sent to people who ask questions. But not to people who looked and then moved on.

How to: https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/listings/selling-buy-now/adding-best-offer-listing?id=4144#section4

-..-

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Some "watchers" are just that !  They may have a similar item and are looking to see

what yours sells for or how much interest or bidding there is on the item.  I never get

too excited about watchers.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I did managed to get a couple sales from sending offers last month, but somehow that option isn't working for me at the moment. Not sure why. I have 40 items with watchers yet I could only send offers to 4 of them.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

thanks alot, I have about 500 items with watchers but I could not send offer to any of them, do not know the reason ??

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Try sending just one or two -- and vary the price point of the garment.

There may be something that Blocks offers after a certain value is reached.

One thought, did you lose any Not As Described disputes in the past 12 months? Your feedback is not used by eBay to assess accounts, but is sometimes an indication that a seller has had other problems.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Could I make a couple of suggestions?

Take the MSRP out of the title.

Enter the manufacturer's size in the title.

Many buyers Search using the size in the title or in Item Specifics.

And then put the actual measurements in the Description because your idea of Small, my idea of Small, and the maker's idea of Small may be five different things.

Don't ever tell a customer that a shipping service is not tracked.

And take a look at the shipping rates your Shipping tab is offering.

The time for UPS Expedited International to Canada is the same as the time for UPSExpress International to Canada.

But one is three times the price of the other.

And from North York to Vancouver Island is not International but Domestic.

Most garments can move Canada Post Expedited at the same or lower cost, with tracking and insurance-- which cover YOU and not the customer although knowing that a purchase is "insured" gives customers the warm fuzzies.

Also to Belgium, the rates are the same as to Canada. This seems unlikely.

Since you seem to be listing on dotCOM, you should be aware that you can only use flat rate shipping "from an international location" on that site.

If you want to use Canadian shipping services, you have to list on dotCA.

If you are using chitchat or similar, this does not apply, but they will ship overseas for you.

TL/DR

Before you reduce prices, fix your shipping to be more attractive and accurate.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

thanks for your suggestion, why do you recommend to take the MSRP out of tittle ?? also you make a good point to have the size on the tittle, recently I am getting emails from customers asking for the size even though size are clearly indicated in item's specific section. I would like to list on .com sice I get to list in U.S currency and that screw up my shipping services and prices, eBay used to offer listing in U.S currency in .ca but not anymore, please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

what do you mean by try to send one or two ?? no matter I can not send offers in any forms and yes I had one case which I lost, customer filled cliam, apparently eBay sent me email to send return label in 5 days which I did not notice that email and they refunded the money and customer kept the item as well, it was $400 item.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

The MSRP is irrelevant. If you feel it is a selling point put it in the Description.

Because BUYERS DON'T READ TM   you may be convincing some of your dimmer potential buyers that the MSRP is what they will be paying.

On any given day, I could be wearing clothing is four or five different sizes. I recently bought some lace tights (from China, natch) that were supposed to be 5XL. At best they were XL with an expanded waist of 29".

Your customer need the measurements, in metric and imperial.

This also says to a sophisticated buyer that you have the items in hand and have measured them yourself.

Don't trust a maker's "size chart". Do you happen to need six pairs of incorrectly sized tights?

I like dotCOM too, and use it for everything I don't have to ship Parcel Rate.

Which is most of my books and sewing patterns. No tracking but fast and cheap.

My products that are too thick (over 2cm) or too heavy (over 500 grams) are listed on dotCA.

Your US customer Searching on dotCOM will see your dotCA listings in Search in US dollars. The actual listing will have both currencies.

And on dotCA you can use Calculated Shipping.

Play with some US zipcodes on this:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

I use 90210 plus NYC city hall and DisneyWorld Orlando  zipcodes to compare costs.

Parcels as you already know, change rates by destination as well as by dimensions and weight.

Keep an eye on the discussions about Managed Payments. There is some question about whether we will be able to have US dollar accounts in MP.  Right now I have both Canadian bank accounts (in loonies) and an American bank account (in US dollars) attached to my PP account.  The eBay execs who are pushing us into Managed Payments don't seem to understand why this is a problem for Canadian sellers.

Passing thought-- are you located anywhere near a forwarder like chitchatexpress? That's a Search worth doing on the Boards. There are several satisfactory forwarders that are recommended by fellow sellers.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Try sending just one or two -- and vary the price point of the garment.

what do you mean by try to send one or two ?? no matter I can not send offers in any forms

Rather than trying to do anything in bulk, choose single items, choose Revise Listing, and scroll down to Selling Details.

The Best Offer option is there.

If it really isn't, I'd suggest calling or emailing or tweeting eBay and ask if there is a specific problem.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply