new SELLER TOOL STILL SLOW AND LAGGY

ayatcg
Community Member

So the roll out of the new seller tool has been out for several months. Why are we still experiencing a very slow seller tool? Its creating a lot of frustration for my team and I. 

Any tips or tricks to speed up the process. We are still using the templates, but its just sooo slow when you try to click things...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The only problem I've noticed with the new seller listing tool is that when I sometimes have to click on preview 2 or 3 times to actual preview my listing. Other than that it works fairly smooth.  I wonder if the problems you are having would have anythng to do with the browser that you are using or a pop up ad blocker??  I use the latest version of Firefox.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I have issues with it too and have adblock disabled on eBay. When listing movies and entering the UPC, it disappears half way through typing it (first time, it works the second). When entering the weight, it again disappears the first time I enter it. When entering actors, sometimes it randomly decides to forget some of the ones I entered. It's very annoying.

I'm kind of wondering if using a service like InkFrog to list items might solve a lot of the issues. It's a cost, but if it eliminates all the aggravation it might be worth it.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

devon@ebay

Any answers? Are these problems widespread?

My problem is that on some listings it is not possible to Block destinations.I'm usually too annoyed by using the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad new listing tool that I've not yet figured out which template is doing this.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I don't do listings from scratch=I use "sell similar" and make any edits as needed and don't find there is much problem...

However,I still feel this new listing format is one of the worst pieces of **bleep** that eBay has thrown at us in my many years as an eBay seller...

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

devon@ebay

Any answers? Are these problems widespread?

My problem is that on some listings it is not possible to Block destinations.I'm usually too annoyed by using the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad new listing tool that I've not yet figured out which template is doing this.

Hi @reallynicestamps! I have gone through our reported sitewide issues and I do not see any tickets open at the moment on this. I will continue to check on this and I also recommend to have this reported to our customer support team. The more reports the higher the priporty the ticket becomes. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I use a laptop to create my listings.  At work we have a slow internet connection and I expierence all types of problems with the new listing tool.  Mostly to do with uploading and editing pictures.  I find you have to sit and wait for each picture edit to complete,  if you continue on editing other items,  the indicator will just keep spinning endlessly,  and the changes will never take effect.  You have to post the listing then go back and revise.  Also occasionally the text fields will just clear out after entering values.

Same computer when used at another location with fast internet has no issues... I am using Firefox.  Old listing tool worked fine, even with poor internet connection.  There are defenately issues with how the new tool was programmed.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply