no response from buyers

So this week I sell two items..one for $200 to a buyer that has 7 glorious postitve feedback rating. Another item was a best offer I took for $100 bucks. That lady messaged me two days later to say she isnt gonna to buy at the monent  😠 She had 0 feedback although she has been a member since 2010. Meanwhile Ebay took their commision of 37 bucks plus. I had to put cancel on the best offer item...which now looks like I am the one cancelling. I have her message and wanted to somehow forward it to Ebay..but seems to be pretty hard to contact with what you want to say instead of using their pre filled suggestions. The lady with the $200 item I messaged to ask her when she plans to pay because I am going away next week. I have been a member since 2002 and never had this **bleep** before.....

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

no response from buyers

Instead of cancelling which will give you a defect should have opened a non payment case

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

no response from buyers

I was going to do that but I thought that because the lady informed me that she backed out then I shouldnt be hounding her with payment reminders. I really dont want my feedback getting a negative from HER 😞

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

no response from buyers

I also wanted to write a note to someone at Ebay but there doesnt seem to be a way to do that 😞
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

no response from buyers

Your cancellation reason: The buyer asked to cancel the order, or there's an issue with the buyer's address   -  This is what the reason is printed as by Ebay.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

no response from buyers

I really dont want my feedback getting a negative from HER Smiley Sad

When you win an Unpaid Item Dispute, the deadbeat cannot leave feedback. If she leaves feedback before the Dispute is completed, it can be removed.

You get your fees back.

She gets a Strike. Many if not most sellers have an automatic Block in their Seller Preferences against deadbeats with Blocks. Your UID helps the community.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

no response from buyers

I've had problems with people changing their mind & asking me to cancel the transaction. But what ends up happening is the person ignores the message from eBay to accept the cancellation & so you are stuck waiting 10 days for the transaction to be closed. And the person can leave you negative feedback if they want.  So I no longer cancell for the buyer.  I will wait 4 days & put in a non-payment against them & if they don't pay on time, they get a strike against them, I get my fees back & they can't leave feedback.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

no response from buyers

Is there a way that I can reverse the cancel option?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

no response from buyers

Not sure how to reverse the cancel option.  Maybe phone customer service.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

no response from buyers

I don't think so.

It's one or the other.

But do try phoning.

You get a PIN, and don't use a cell if you pay a lot of minutes. You'll spend time on Hold.

Daytime calls get you Utah, evening and weekends get you the Phillippines. Utah speaks better English but the Phillippinas are smarter about geography. (I adore my Phillippina nieces!)

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

no response from buyers

I don't think that you can 'reverse' a cancellation. The buyer told you they were not going to pay so basically they requested the cancellation so you shouldn't get a defect as long as you use the buyer asked to cancel option. You will get your fvf refunded in about 10 days. I don't really see any point in phoning anybody at ebay...everything should work out in the end.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

no response from buyers

Oh that would be great if they refund my fees. I hope it all turns out. Thankyou everyone for your informative replies! 🙂

Message 12 of 12
latest reply