observation of sales since promo listing's taken away again **word of caution**

well since the 20th of last month my  promo listings have been taken away again due to one refund i had to do -- now iam back at 2.51% bad boy rating so no promo listing allowed  most of refunds i had  are from last year june july and august so i guess i will have to just bite the bullet again like i have done every time before i get a refund to do -- i have now offered free shipping on almost all my listings 2061 of them  and reduced all listings between 15 and 20 percent -- to make up for the lost promo listings -- but it hasn't worked -- sales are 6 small sales  in  three weeks - and month end was a disaster  with store fees costing me to have  my bank account over drawn and extra fees added to it - so instead of 85 dollars for the store it now cost me 146. 66 to have the store i have reworked about 20 to 30 listings a day since the 20th  and have also tried another site  site with 15 listings- to see what that will bring i had one sale from that site -still havn't been paid yet going on two weeks after the sale -- but i undertsnad first sale and every thing --so i  will have to wait  

i can now tell you  now that promo listings really work --my promo rate was at about 7 to 10 % each listing before  and i was pleased with the 4/5 weekly sales it ground up for me -- now that promo listing has stopped and i am in the !@#$%^hiter with ebay  and  only six  small sales over 21 days  and with reduced profits because of the increased commision rate they charge iam now at 25% of sales cost not including my store costs of $85 monthly - iam now showing  a negative cash flow so iam bleeding money --  i hope things turn around soon but this month it will not-- maybe next month  when people see and thats the hope anyways the free shipping and discounts etc etc -- i can get back to postive cash flow - as my credit card fees are now an issue- costing me money too just to stay even and on this site 

*****again word of caution don't lose your promo rating -- stay under the 1.99 % rate they give you 

so this is a word of caution don't let your rating go at any cost as i have -- even though every refund sale except  one wasn't my fault at all- but the powers at be won't listen --

have tried  2 local flea market things but without a visa/mc machine most people today don't use cash - so i lost a few dollars on those with stall rates being what they are sold a couple items but the stall fees ate up what ever i sold -- it was fun mind you to talk to people as they past your wares --  but profits where nill those two times  well back to relisting have some very low cost items i have to shift to include free shipping about 65 left to do   and add some others to that other site 

good luck  to all on these trying times for sellers though the "you tube" guys all say everything is fine - us low lifers  here the truth  

doker bohm

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Free Shipping is not free.

It means the seller includes their cost of shipping in the asking price for the item.
While buyers love it, it doesn't really drive sales.

Have you looked into Square for flea markets? A jewelry maker who sold at   pow wows told me that it was a game changer for her, especially as those events are often in relatively isolated venues.

Would it be worthwhile dropping your Store subscription for a  few months and going forward with just the 250 listings we get free?

Best Wishes.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I dealt with you twice and you cancelled orders for being out of stock twice. Shipped wrong listing once. Shipped a 30g package with a 11 pounds pre paid box. I still can see one listing active in your listings, that you shipped to me. Another out of stock cancellation incoming. If only people reading could know. I'm not sharing 5% of what i experienced. I personally know what happen behind the scenes. So i'm mindblown everytime i read your rants. Like you are not to blame. I even remember telling you to cancel with buyer asked to cancel, and you still cancelled with out of stock giving yourself a defect. Honestly your seller's ratings are deserved. People telling you obvious mistakes you do and you just come back every 2 months with the same rant stories, ignoring everyone. You ended blocking me because i wanted a legit combined shipment on an order where i wanted to pay your asking price. You have the ability to waste people time and money, as well as your. I'm sorry if i'm rude. But the reality is that without drastic changes in your selling pratices, you will just keep taking losses and losses. It's not eBay, it's not your buyers, it's your mistakes.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply