question about buyer address

is the buyer address given by ebay same as their paypal address or no? if not how do I know it's a paypal verified address? can't they just edit their shipping address on ebay to something else? I have managed payments btw.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You are in Managed Payments, whatever address is given to you by eBay is the one you should use.

You will never know how your buyer completed their purchase, it could be PayPal or direct use of a credit card or from a Google Pay or Apple Pay account.

PayPal Verified address never really meant anything because it only applies if you add a bank account to your PayPal account. Most buyers have no need of this because they only use a credit card through PayPal.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I thought shipping to non paypal verified address (if they used paypal) is unsafe?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

No, it's not 'unsafe' at all and isn't required.  
At one time in order to qualify for seller protection we had to send to the PP confirmed address.  A few years ago they changed the system so that the address chosen by the buyer on eBay when they checked out was the address shown to the seller on both eBay and PP.  That became the 'payment' address and that was what the seller used to qualify for seller protection.  Even though some sellers will still say that an item has to be sent to the PP confirmed address, the truth is that it hasn't been required in years. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply