quick question

I have sold am item a week ago and the buyer wants it shipped somewhere else. He has only giving me the address without the name of the person who should receive the item. I have sent 4 messages asking for the complete address to no avail. He has paid promptly for the item but now i really don't know what to do. Any help?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

quick question

73rhc
Community Member
I would only send it with delivery confirmation. I sold an item to a person in China. Due to the high shipping cost, he wanted it sent to Vancouver. I sent it with delivery confirmation. My butt was covered.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

quick question

I would normally think that it should be sent to the buyer's name (if necessary to his eBay ID) and the requested address. My thought is that someone at that address knows who he is.

However, only if the address is posted to his Paypal account. Otherwise, only ship to an address on his Paypal account. (Not eBay, Paypal)

You have seven days to ship to retain your Seller Protection.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

quick question

I would try writing the buyer at their paypal email address. Some buyers don't read their ebay messages but they may see an email. You could also get the buyer's contact information through ebay and phone them.

As far as shipping an item to an address other than the one that was given when payment was made...I've done it for inexpensive items and have never had a problem. If you don't send it to the original payment address and the buyer files an inr, you won't be covered by seller protection even if you can prove it was delivered to a different address. But unless the item is very expensive, that usually isn't an issue.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply