"Calculate shipping" tab not working again for international orders

ebay.png

once again on the shipping calcultor the "Calculate shipping" button isn't working only when the internaltional destination is selected , a small google search shows it has been a problem before.  to be clear when clicking on the button it doesn't take you to the next page to select a location, domestic option works fine.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@parts_n_pieces_boutique_ofmb wrote:

ebay.png

once again on the shipping calcultor the "Calculate shipping" button isn't working only when the internaltional destination is selected , a small google search shows it has been a problem before.  to be clear when clicking on the button it doesn't take you to the next page to select a location, domestic option works fine.

Just did a brief test of your listing and it appears you have not included options for international shipping. Not sure if you use for all or just randomly. It is very important when selecting shipping methods that CP package requirements are met. The system will let you add a service but does not display when customer uses calculator. System does give you an error message if weight is over the limit for a service but not under or too small according to CP.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Your screen shot is from the listing form so I assume you are trying ahead of time to figure out a price for a specific country?  To be honest I don't know if that has ever works for international as I've never tried using it before.  In your screen shot you haven't chosen a country (above the calculated shipping tab) but I tried it, it gave me 3 options to click on - Europe, Asia, S& N America and when I did choose one, it still did not go on to the next page....just as you said. 

If you want to figure out the price to a specific location you can also do that on the Canada post calculator page. https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/information/app/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Once you see the regular rate, you can see the small business/eBay rate by clicking on the blue box 'show minimum online savings'.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Actually I just tried getting an international cost on the CP link that I gave you and it is not working correctly right now but that is unusual.  I'm not sure if that has anything to do with your problem here.    A few of your actual listing do have calculated shipping set up for international locations.  Are you havrong a problem setting up the other ones?

Regarding  the ones that are set up, when you list the methods in your listing form, it's important that you list the least expensive first as that's what the buyer sees when they are searching.  For example on item 363426037972 the Uk shipping cost shows the xpresspost price of $150 rather than the TP price of $77.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

in my listing I have USA set as a custome location, I no longer use the drop down tab for selecting a specific country or region in shipping calculator, and even if I do select USA it still doesn't proceed. I have listed many times, it only stopped working for me this weekend.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

on my most recent ones I have internation -> custome location -> USA selected.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I usually select "international" , leave the drop down menu blank, and then select the USA destination options in the next screen. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Perhaps someone else can chime in but far as I can tell the screenshot is not where

you set up a listing, it is where you go to figure out a cost for a specific location.   Are you trying to set up calculated shipping for a listing?   I don't know what the shipping section looks like on the new listing form but I don't  think that is what your screenshot is showing. 

If you are up trying to set up shipping on your listings try going to one of the listings that is currently showing international shipping costs and you should be able  to see the area where you originally set it up.

Do you know if you are using the original listing form or the new one?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply