"You’re an eBay Top Rated Seller" but no Top Rated Plus seal

I got the message I was a top rated seller last month but I haven't had the top rated plus seal on a single one of my listings

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@redroblox wrote:

I got the message I was a top rated seller last month but I haven't had the top rated plus seal on a single one of my listings

Links attached for top rated status requirements.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards?id=4080&st=12&pos=1&que...

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/selling-policies/selling-practices-policy?id=4346

-Lotz

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

There are two kinds of Top Rated Sellers.

There are US TRS and Global TRS.

It is slightly easier for an international seller to be a Global TRS if only because we are not required to track our shipments as often as the Americans,

Both get the same perks.

The Global TRS badge appears on non-US listings but not on US listings.

Most Canadians are Global TRS.

If you are mostly listing on dotCOM the TRS badge will not appear on those listings.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@redroblox wrote:

Top Rated Seller Plus seal (which is used on ebay.COM) has higher requirements than just being a Top Rated Seller.  

From the ebay.com help files:

As a Top Rated Seller, you can qualify for a Top Rated Plus seal when your ebay.com listings offer the following services:

• Same or one-business-day handling, and
  • A 30-day-or-longer free return period with money back option.

-..-

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

As others mentioned you likely don’t qualify for top rated on the US site which is where they have the trs plus seal. But if you qualify for global trs which is probably what the message hat you got was about, there should be a top rated icon on you listing on the .ca site.  I’m not sure why you don’t have it on .ca.  It might be that the status doesn’t show until the next round of evaluations on the 20th?

tyler@ebay 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

As others mentioned you likely don’t qualify for top rated on the US site which is where they have the trs plus seal. But if you qualify for global trs which is probably what the message hat you got was about, there should be a top rated icon on you listing on the .ca site.  I’m not sure why you don’t have it on .ca.  It might be that the status doesn’t show until the next round of evaluations on the 20th?

tyler@ebay 

Thanks for the tag @pjcdn2005!

Hi @redroblox - folks have given you great advice on this. To receive the Top Rated badge on your listings for the eBay.com site you will need to meet all the Top Rated expectations, including those that eBay Canada members are normally exempt from (link here). You should still qualify for the discount though, just not the badge. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks tyler@ebay  although that doesn’t explain why the op received a message saying they qualified to be a top rated seller but there is no trs on their .ca listings.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Good point @pjcdn2005 - not sure if they qualified on .com and it didn't transition over to the eBay.ca profile because it's not the 'global' program? Just a shot in the dark, let me see if I can anything more out. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply